Spring is in full swing here in Hamilton County, Indiana. Celebrate by attending unique events, by seeing theater galore, by discovering history and by getting artsy! Read on for those ideas and much more. And for even more, check our online calendar of events.
1. Celebrate the wrap up of the Masters Tournament week at Prairie View Golf Club! Take to the links yourself with their special spring rate of only $65. After a round (or just skip the golf!) head to the hog roast on Friday to enjoy BBQ and tasty sides.
2. The Follow the North Star program begins again this weekend at Conner Prairie. This emotionally intense program puts participants through a journey while playing the role of a fugitive slave. It's a very popular program, so make your reservation today for a weekend this April. For more information, read our previous blog post about the experience.
3. Spruce up your home for spring without breaking the bank! Come to the Indiana Design Center right here in Carmel for their Showroom Sample Sale. The sale is building-wide and will feature designer furniture and home goods with significant markdowns. The sale is this weekend only on Friday and Saturday- don't miss out!
4. Spice up date night with a live theater performance or live music after dinner. Head to Little Shop of Horrors at the Belfry, jam to live music at Detour an American Grille, tap your foot to a guitar show at the Hedgehog Music Showcase, or see The Dealers Smiles at the Westfield Playhouse. Check our calendar for even more upcoming shows!
5. See local art, enjoy light appetizers and refreshments and see the newly renovated Prairie Guest House in Fishers. Attend their art show this Saturday from 7-9 p.m. to see fantastic local art by Robert Ryan, Lesley Halfich and Lynette Stewart. The new owners of the refreshed bed & breakfast in Fishers will also be on hand giving tours of the Prairie Guest House property!
6. Celebrate spring this Saturday at this month's Second Saturday Gallery Walk in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Be a part of the Scavenger Hunt that will lead you to find spring-themed art in each of the participating galleries. Begin the hunt at ArtSplash Gallery; follow the clues through the District, then turn in your completed clue sheet for a prize! There will also be live entertainment and special art exhibits.
7. Take a class and enjoy student art at Nickel Plate Arts this weekend! Two classes: Me ‘n My American Girl and also a Planting Your Garden class are being offered. Also enjoy the newest exhibit in the gallery, the Young Artists exhibit, which features art by talented local youngsters from Noblesville Schools.
8. Explore Hamilton County's past this weekend with some unique events. On Sunday, attend an Antiques Roadshow-style appraisal event hosted by the Carmel Clay Historical Society. Bring an antique or heirloom and have it appraised or identified, you might just discover some treasure! Or approach history in a much different way with a ghost walk in Westfield. Learn about the history of the area and maybe even spot a ghost from Westfield's past.