Great eats, tasty treats, talented artists both young and old, live music galore and more all this weekend in Hamilton County! Read on for those ideas and find even more things to do on our calendar of events.
1. Check out everything going on at Carmel City Center! See Brett Wiscons perform live tunes today at 7:30pm, before or after grabbing dinner at a restaurant in the Center like Divvy. Also don't miss seeing the "GO Ahead & Play" piano that is stationed at Carmel City Center. Try plunking out a few tunes on it yourself, or see one of the upcoming scheduled performances.
2. See talented young performers at a kid's production this weekend. Attend Sleeping Beauty at the Belfry Theater to see kiddos act out this timeless tale and sing too. Or attend the young artists production of Dial ‘M' for Murder at the Carmel Community Playhouse for a thrilling evening of mystery.
3. Hear, see and buy art in Noblesville this Friday. See Tom Wright perform live on the Noblesville Square this Friday for the Jazz Squared concert series. While you're on the square, stop by the Nickel Plate Arts Umbrella Sale to see and purchase art from local artists. Just look for the umbrella!
4. Interested in glass? This is a great weekend to visit Carmel's Arts & Design District! Their Second Saturday Gallery Walk will showcase some of Carmel's finest glass artists with demonstrations, opportunities to meet artists and more. If you can't get enough, also check out some other sites to see along the Indiana Glass Trail.
5. Enjoy a concert with local musicians this Saturday evening! Head to Sheridan for the Gospel Times! Traditional & New event to have a picnic and listen to gospel tunes. Or go to Fishers to see the Fishers Wind Symphony and Nickel Plate Jazz Orchestra perform at the new Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Music to your ears: both concerts are FREE.
6. Celebrate the birthday of one of the most iconic buildings in Carmel. The Carmel Carnegie Library is turning 100. Gather at the new Carmel Library for a presentation with the Carmel Clay Historical Society this Sunday. Or you can celebrate by dining at Woody's Library Restaurant that is now housed in the Carnegie Library!
7. Allll Aboard! The Indiana Transportation Museum's annual FairTrain continues this weekend and each day of the Indiana State Fair. It's a very convenient and fun way to avoid parking at the fairgrounds, and kids love it! The first departure is from the Fishers Train Station at 8:45am and trains continue to run all day.
8. Last but not least, celebrate the best outdoor treat at National S'mores Day with Fishers Parks. Bring the kiddos to Ritchey Woods to roast marshmallows and build the perfect chocolaty s'more. The free program is from 4-7 p.m.