See twinkling lights, lots of gingerbread, plus see art or create your own- all this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! This weekend is a perfect time for a getaway to experience holiday fun and get shopping done (find 9 divine hotel deals here). Read on for Hamilton County happenings and check our online calendar of events for even more.
1. Discover beautifully decorated homes during The Twelve Houses of Christmas light displays in Noblesville. Self-guided tour maps are available at Nickel Plate Arts and participating shops that'll point you to the historic homes that are dressed to impress for the holiday season. Lights will be up through December 31.
2. Two classic shows are opening this weekend at The Center for the Performing Arts. Actors Theatre of Indiana is presenting "A Year with Frog & Toad" and Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre is putting on "The Wizard of Oz." Tickets to either show would make a great surprise gift for any theatre lover!
3. The Warehouse in the Carmel Arts & Design District will be hoppin' this weekend! On Friday see two talented artists, Gabe Dixon and Matthew Santos, perform live. Saturday the venue will be transformed into a Holiday Swing Dance Party complete with a swing band, dance instructors, and more.
4. The Second Saturday Gallery Walk and Holiday in the Arts District are both this Saturday afternoon! Head to the Carmel Arts & Design District for gallery open houses, a gingerbread scavenger hunt, visits with Santa in the Santa House, carolers, and even more. If you have a wish list letter for Santa, be sure to bring it and drop it in Santa's Mailbox at ArtSplash Gallery. Also be sure to stop in the Museum of Miniature Houses for their annual candlelight tour from 5-8 p.m.
5. Holiday fun abounds at Conner Prairie this weekend. See gingerbread creations at the Gingerbread Village, see how Prairietown residents prepare for holiday celebrations at Conner Prairie by Candlelight, and enjoy the holidays the 1830s way during the daytime at Holiday Adventure.
6. Want to meet a reindeer? You can this Sunday during the Holly Jolly Jamboree at Cool Creek Nature Center in Carmel! You can also meet other animals from the "North Pole" as well as Santa and Mrs. Claus. The fun begins at 2 p.m.
7. SANTA! We know him! He is making appearances all over Hamilton County leading up to Christmas Day. From the Santa House on the Noblesville Square, to meeting him in a mall, to even eating breakfast with him at The Mansion at Oak Hill. See all of the Santa sightings on our online calendar of Hamilton County events.
8. Speaking of Santa, he is setting up shop at Nickel Plate Arts this Saturday and next Saturday to help you make gifts. Santa's Workshop will offer artsy projects for all skill levels at various price points, plus the big man himself may stop by to inspect your work!