Rosy-cheeked shoppers bustling about, Santa sightings all over the county, festive performances and so much more will all help to get you into the holiday spirit! Read on for great ideas for your weekend plans- whether you're a local or planning a Hamilton County getaway- there's so much to do. Check the Hamilton County online event calendar for even more (yes, more!). Plus check out the 12 Days of Christmas page for all the holiday happenings and contests to celebrate the season.
1. Give the gift of theater to a group of family, friends, or treat yourself! The Actors Theater of Indiana is presenting "A Year with Frog & Toad" through December 22. This charming holiday musical is perfect for adding some magic to a family outing. Or see the rock ‘n roll classic musical, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" being presented by Civic Theater. Check out this list of holiday theater shows to see for even more ideas.
2. Enjoy a festive time in the Carmel Arts & Design District this weekend. You can hunt for gingerbread houses and clues for the 4th Annual Gingerbread Scavenger Hunt. Or pop in to the galleries to find 100 artworks for under $100. Also enjoy the activities happening for Holiday in the Arts District! There will be everything from carriage rides to the Museum of Miniature's Candlelight Tour.
3. Head to Conner Prairie for holiday happenings galore. Kick off this weekend with a special adults-only event complete with beer and food tastings- Holiday Cheers. Or see displays of hand-crafted gingerbread creations in the Gingerbread Village. Also don't forget to make reservations for special events like Dinner with Santa and Conner Prairie by Candlelight! There are also only 2 more weekends to experience Holiday Adventure to see how the holidays were celebrated in the 1830s.
4. Don't miss some of Indiana's most festive light displays! See thousands of luminaries in the beautiful natural setting of Central Park during the Luminary Walk this Saturday. Or head to Fishers, Noblesville, or Westfield to see their downtown light displays. Also don't miss the annual tradition of the Reynold's Farm Equipment display which can be seen from I-69!
5. Celebrate the arts in Noblesville, and maybe find the perfect gift in the process. Start at the Hamilton County Artists Association's "Marvelous Minis" exhibit in their Birdie Gallery. Then head over to Nickel Plate Arts to explore their Gifted exhibit that has arts and crafts at all price points for gift giving. On Saturday you'll also find a special book signing from 1-5 p.m. this Saturday. While you're there, also pick up a map to be able to locate the 12 Houses of Christmas in Noblesville's historic neighborhoods.
6. Catch a fabulous holiday show at the Palladium! This weekend has a show each day to enjoy and get you in the holiday spirit. Friday, Dave Koz will play his sax. Saturday Five by Design will lend their harmonies to the Carmel Symphony Orchestra. And on Sunday, Trace Adkins will put a country twist on holiday favorites. See the whole upcoming line up here.
7. Already planning your holiday celebration? Whether you're a local or visiting, stop by the Winter Famers Market this Saturday for some inspiration for your holiday feasting. You'll find local baked goods, teas, and much more.
8. Catch a glimpse of Ol' Saint Nick before he heads back to the North Pole to deliver gifts! You can see him on the Polar Bear Express Train and all throughout Hamilton County. Find all of the meals, locations, and events you can spot him at here. Plus the list includes locations for leaving Santa a wish-list letter too!