Enjoy activities in Hamilton County this weekend ranging from gallery walks to shopping trips to the winter market and local boutiques. If the unusual warmer weather has you longing for spring, treat yourself to an ice cream cone or a hike through a local park. As always, for even more event ideas, check our online calendar of events.
1. Gather a group of family or friends and reserve your spots at the table for a Conner Prairie Hearthside Supper on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays in January. Discover how to prepare an early 19th Century dinner in the William Conner House. Then enjoy the fruits of your labor as you feast upon the traditional dishes. Reservations fill quickly, call Conner Prairie to reserve your seat at the hearthside table!
2. Go enjoy a movie (yes, a movie!) at the Palladium this Friday evening. The classic "Alexander's Ragtime Band" from 1938 will begin at 7:30 p.m. and is a part of The Great American Songbook Movie Series. The series brings classic Truly Moving Picture Award-winning movies to the big screen on the stage of the Palladium concert hall!
3. Get out in the unseasonably warm temperatures this Saturday to enjoy the Second Saturday Gallery Walk in the Carmel Arts & Design District. Browse through the many galleries to find works by talented artists and also stop in the shops to see new treasures. Most galleries and shops will be open from 5-10 p.m. for the event.
4. There are only 3 more Saturdays left to go to the Winter Market this season, and this Saturday is one of them! Don't miss out on this eclectic market that has booths for everything from coffee and tea to bread and waffles to spices and more. The market is also held indoors so even if it's rainy or cold, the market will go on!
5. Speaking of weather, unseasonably warmer temperatures may have you craving a sweet frozen treat! Stop by Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream for a scoop or head to Handel's in Fishers or Carmel. If you'd like to make your own treat creation, go to Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt in Carmel or Fishers where you can mix flavors and pile on the toppings of your choice.
6. Take advantage of the last days of the Super Sale at A Corner Cottage on the square in Noblesville. Prices have been slashed by 40% across the entire store and Christmas items are 70% off too. Linden Tree is also having their Third Annual Home Decor Sale! After stocking up on decorations and fun items, head to the other shops along the Historic Courthouse Square and then stop for lunch at the updated and cutesy diner, Uptown Café.
7. If there's a break in the rain, get outside and enjoy! Take a bike ride on the Monon Trail, take the kiddos to Brooks School Park or stroll through the prairie and trails at Strawtown Koteewi Park. For a full list of outdoor spaces to explore, check out our Nature & Outdoor page.
8. Head to Fishers for a mini girlfriend getaway! Do a little shopping at unique boutiques like Gallery 116 and Herbal Arts, then have a relaxing pampering session at Heavenly Hands. End the day of bonding and fun with a sweet treat from Gigi's Cupcakes.