See art exhibits, tons of live music, and so much more this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! Read on for eight great ideas and find countless other getaway ideas on our online calendar of events.
1. Do you have an eye for beauty? Visit Aperture Stop: A Photographic Exhibit at Nickel Plate Arts at the Judge Stone House Gallery through August 30 to appreciate the talent in the Hamilton County community. This free exhibit is filled with the talented works of local photographers.
2. Did you know that there are free concerts every day of the week in Hamilton County? People even come from outside of the county to take part in the fun. Kick off the weekend tonight at Zanna-Doo as a part of the Noblesville Summer Concert Series at Forest Park. Friday, take your pick of Saxony Summer Concert Series: Toy Factory, a high-energy 8-piece R&B act from Indianapolis, or listen to Jennie DeVoe play under the stars at The Amp After Dark. Sunday, see the Indianapolis Symphonic Band at the Seminary Park Free Concerts. For only $5, find a great place to relax or dance by the stage at Cool Creek Park and see ESB this Friday as part of the Cool Creek Concert Series.
3. Summer is a great time to shop (and maybe get ahead on gifts for the year!). The Old Pickett Fence is having a Lemons & Leftovers Sale this Friday and Saturday. You will be able to find great antiques, home items, and unique gifts on sale at this popular event.
4. Relax on the historic hillside of Boxley Cabin and listen to the sounds of pioneer America at Sheridan BlueGrass Fever this Friday and Saturday. Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets to relax and enjoy the music with friends. Food will be available for sale.
5. Although this event is just north of Hamilton County, it's too fun to miss. Demonstrations, a mini fashion show, and vendors showcasing vintage items and artisan skills, are just a few of the reasons to visit the French Market in Tipton this weekend. Held rain or shine, this free event promises a good time.
6. Take part in the monthly tradition of enjoying the artists and culture at the Carmel Arts & Design Second Saturday Gallery Walk. This Saturday, there will be free caricatures and a scavenger hunt with prizes, along with the musical entertainment to make an exciting boost to this popular event.
7. It isn't often when dancing in the street is allowed, that's why the Noblesville Main Street Annual Street Dance is always the biggest party in Noblesville. Live music by Emily Ann Thompson will be at the Pre-Party on the Patio to get you swinging for the street dance. Beer and wine will be available for purchase, along with fun art activities for all ages. Take the Noblesville Street Dance Caboose Train so that you don't have to worry about parking (plus, it's just fun to ride a train!).
8. One of the world's legendary singing groups, The O'Jays, will be performing at the Palladium this Sunday. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducted group continues to thrill audiences today with their large body of work. Have dinner before at one of the restaurants only a few steps away at the Carmel City Center.
Want to make your weekend even more awesome? Enter to win 1 of 2 prize packs: tickets to the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival at Klipsch Music Center OR Tickets to Symphony on the Prairie: Classic FM Radio Hits of the Decades & a Harmony Winery Gift Card. Winners will be announced on Friday, July 11.a Rafflecopter giveaway