There is no shortage of things to do this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! See live music, shop, and attend an annual event or two. Not only did we bring you a fine list this week, but also a chance to win concert tickets! Read on to see how and of course more events can always be found on our online calendar too.
1. Shop ‘til you drop and take advantage of sales! Head to Old Picket Fence in Noblesville for their Lemons & Leftovers Sale. Next hop across the square to A Corner Cottage to celebrate their 12th Birthday with 20-40% select items. Then head down the road to the Upscale Barn Sale at the Prairie Guest House to find vintage and restored treasures.
2. Don't miss this very fun weekend in Sheridan. The annual Sheridan Bluegrass Fever will delight music lovers with 2 packed days of performances and music workshops. The festival begins Friday afternoon, be sure to check their website for the full lineup. Or if you're more interested in mechanical things- attend the Sheridan Airport Wheels and Wings event to see antique cars and airplanes.
3. Another annual music event is happening in Noblesville as well- the Noblesville Main Street Annual Street Dance! Enjoy live music, tasty eats and a kids play area at this year's dance. And of course, there will be plenty of dancing in the streets!
4. Check out what's new at Nickel Plate Arts. See the latest exhibit "Allow Me to Illustrate" that showcases illustrators from Hamilton County both from the past and the present. Also don't miss the Umbrella Sale on Saturday where Artists will "pop-up" umbrellas and sell their artwork outside and visitors are encouraged to "pop-in" and buy art.
5. As more and more veggies and fruits hit their peak seasons, it becomes better and better to visit a local farmers market in Hamilton County! Whether you live here or are just visiting, you'll find lots of fresh goodies to try. There are markets on Thursday and Friday evenings and of course Saturday mornings. For a list of markets click here.
6. Take a different approach to discovering history in Hamilton County this weekend. Try a ghost walk packed with historical facts in Noblesville or a ride on a historical train with the Indiana Transportation Museum.
7. With temperatures on the rise and summer in full swing, it's the perfect time to grab a frozen treat! Try Handel's in Carmel or Fishers for traditional ice cream or Alexander's on the Water for ice cream that comes with a lakeside view. Or if you're into the froyo craze, stop by Orange Leaf in Carmel.
8. Last but not least, check out some live music! There are TONS of concerts throughout the county, check out our online calendar for the full lineup of shows. Most are free, but the Cool Creek Concert Series does charge (it's only 5 bucks!). The even better news is that we are GIVING AWAY tickets to your choice of upcoming Cool Creek Concerts!
Just comment on this blog post with your favorite place to see summer concerts in Hamilton County. We'll pick 1 lucky winner to receive a 4 pack of tickets to the Cool Creek Concert Series!
Entries must be in by 12 noon on Friday, July 12. Winners will be announced via social media and contacted via the email address they supply. The two remaining shows in the series are the Flying Toasters on July 12 and Zanna Doo on July 19. Tickets can be used at either show.
This contest is now CLOSED. Congrats to the winner, Melissa M., enjoy the show!