This weekend is seriously packed with things to do and see in Hamilton County, Indiana! The Nickel Plate Arts Weekend will make a perfect weekend getaway for art lovers and Conner Prairie's Bioblitz will serve as the same for science and nature lovers. Read on to see what other fun activities there are to fill your weekend with! As always, there are even more (yes, more!) events on our online calendar of events.
1. Art lovers, this is a weekend you won't want to miss in Hamilton County! The annual Nickel Plate Arts Weekend begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday evening. See painters outside participating the Gathering of Plein Air Painters, ride on the Art Train, check out the Nickel Plate Arts Campus, buy a hand painted rain barrel, and much more. There are far too many events going on to list them all, but check this online schedule for all of the happenings!
2. Have a little scientist or explorer on your hands? Bioblitz at Conner Prairie this weekend is the perfect activity for them! Professional scientists will be cataloguing the plant and animal species found on the grounds and visitors will be able to see their findings. Trek along the Nature Walk to explore critters and plants for yourself, take part in special programs, and even learn to identify animal tracks to help the residents of Prairietown.
3. There's a new addition to the farmer's market line-up this week! For those that like to sleep in on Saturday mornings, the new Noblesville Main Street Produce Market is held Thursday evenings from 4-7pm beginning today. Visit the market in the alley just south of the Noblesville courthouse right next to our Noblesville Visitor Center. Also don't forget about the markets throughout the county on weekends too.
4. The second Saturday brings extra weekend fun to Hamilton County each month and this Saturday is no exception. Visit the Carmel Arts and Design District from 5-10 p.m. for the Second Saturday Gallery Walk. Galleries in the district will be open and have special exhibits just for the occasion. There will also be a Second Saturday celebration in Arcadia with wine and music at the Hedgehog Music Showcase!
5. Enjoy some outdoor summer concerts! Due to the rain last week, Sheila Stephen and the Rodeo Monkeys will perform this Sunday as a part of the Fishers in the Country music series. During the week you can catch a concert nearly every night- Fishers Summer concerts on Tuesdays, Carmel Gazebo concerts on Wednesdays, the Noblesville Parks Summer Concerts are on Thursdays, and Fridays bring the Cool Creek Concert Series. Check our calendar for even more- yes more- summer concerts coming up!
6. Enjoy a day at the Monon Community Center & Central Park. This Saturday is Free Fishing Day where you can try your hand at fishing even without a fishing license! Stick around and enjoy the walking paths and natural features of Central Park before hopping on the Monon Trail for a ride or taking a dip in the pool at the Waterpark.
7. Take a shopping weekend getaway and update your style for summer! Shop ‘til you drop at the Fashion Mall, Clay Terrace, and Hamilton Town Center. Or browse a list of local boutiques to find your style. You can also spruce up your home's style with treasures found at this Saturday's Old Mill Festival in downtown Noblesville!
8. Take an Indiana weekend getaway here to Hamilton County to enjoy the activities mentioned above and save money at the same time! Along with some free events, there are also money saving coupons on everything from lodging to canoes on our special offers page. You don't have to spend a fortune to have an enjoyable family vacation this summer!