From a beach-inspired bash to celebrating local art, this weekend in Hamilton County has a bit of something for everyone. It's also one of the rare times that you can enjoy First Friday and Second Saturday festivities in the same weekend! Find those ideas and more below, plus check our online calendar for even more weekend getaway ideas.
1. Ladies, kick off your weekend with an evening of fun this Thursday in downtown Noblesville. The annual Diva Night encourages shoppers to explore the Noblesville square. Stop at participating shops for sales, specials, and more. At 8 p.m., join the after party at the Copper Still for prizes and drinks!
2. Try a new restaurant this weekend during Northside Nights Restaurant Week! Participating restaurants in Hamilton County and Indianapolis' north side are offering special menus with special lower prices through March 16. For a list of participating restaurants and their menus, check the website here.
3. Women welders? Yes! The newest exhibit at Nickel Plate Arts features the art of local women welders. These talented ladies who work with molten metal will share some of their pieces in the gallery space.
4. Chase the winter blues away at this month's Noblesville First Friday that has a tropical twist. The theme will be Jimmy Buffett Beach Bash and local restaurants and shops will be supplying lots of fun! Stop at a local eatery for unique versions of "cheeseburgers in paradise" and don't miss the exotic animal program at The Wild bookstore from 6-8 p.m.
5. Visit the Carmel Arts & Design District for the Second Saturday Gallery Walk this weekend. Celebrate the opening of a new gallery, see special displays at Eye on Art Gallery and Magdalena Gallery, participate in a scavenger hunt, plus get a free caricature!
6. Have a little girl who loves science or computers? Don't miss Passport to Hi-Tech at Conner Prairie this Saturday! You can learn about careers in science, engineering, biology, and more by chatting with real-life female professionals in those fields. Plus check out special interactive science exhibits too.
7. If you, like many of us, are very ready for spring, consider a trip to the Hamilton County Art Center. The first exhibit of the season is just what you need: "It's Time for Color!" Talented local artists will have their spring inspired pieces on display through April.
8. It's hard to believe it, but golf season is almost here! If you're in the Michigan area and love golf, you have the opportunity this weekend to visit our booth at the Michigan Golf Show. There we'll have our 2014 Travel & Golf Guide, plus we are giving away a Stay & Play package! If you're not in Michigan, our website is packed with info to get you into the golf season spirit.