Fall is in the air here in Hamilton County, Indiana and that means festivals! Celebrate the White River, try Middle Eastern cuisine, even ride in an Indy Car at this weekend's festivals. Read on for 8 great ideas for a weekend getaway and check out our online calendar of events for even more fall fun.
1. The St. George (Middle Eastern) Festival will be held for the first time at its new location in Carmel this Friday and Saturday! Sample Middle Eastern food, hear live traditional music, even ride in a hot air balloon. In addition to all of those offerings, there's also a children's carnival.
2. See history come alive at Voices from the Past Living History Walk this weekend in Westfield! Attendees will be guided on a journey into the past through the Anti-Slavery Cemetery in Asa Bales Park and Old Friends Cemetery Park, where they will be met by Westfield Playhouse actors portraying local historical figures with interesting stories to tell.
3. It's time again for the Second Saturday Gallery Walk in the Carmel Arts & Design District! Check out the galleries to see what's new, grab a bite to eat and also check out the inaugural gallery show at The Warehouse. The Warehouse is a new multi-use venue available for rent to many groups and it'll also host art exhibits and other cool events.
4. If you love wine, check out the first annual Blackhawk Winery Harvest Festival in Sheridan. In addition to sampling their own wines, there will be a BBQ meal, other wine vendors, and live country music.
5. Another first for a fun festival in Hamilton County: the Festival of Machines at Conner Prairie. See classic cars and vehicles of all kinds, explore the history of auto making in Indiana, meet motorsports celebs and even ride in an Indy Car! The event is included in the general admission price for Conner Prairie this weekend.
6. Dance the night away at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheatre in Fishers this Saturday. Glow in the Park will be a glowing good time filled with glow sticks, a DJ and more. If you'd rather relax, head to the amphitheater on Friday night for a free movie.
7. Noblesville is celebrating the White River this Saturday during the White River Celebration. The 20th annual White River clean up will begin the day and at 5 p.m., the Million Dollar Duck Race will send rubber duckies floating downstream. Also enjoy live music, food, artist demonstrations, and more. Plus enter to win prizes from Nickel Plate Arts by tagging your White River photos with #WhiteRiverSelfie!
8. Sports lovers, don't miss College Game Day Presented by Bullpen Tournaments this Sunday at Grand Park. Area college softball teams will battle it out all afternoon! To showcase the event, Bullpen Tournaments is giving away free tickets to local Indiana youth softball programs. Contact Sarah Billman at email@example.com for more information!