From biking to art browsing, this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana has a little bit of something for everyone! Discover new things at the Curiosity Fair, shop the IDC Sample Sale, or brush up on local history at Voices from the Past. Read on for those ideas and much more, or browse our entire online calendar for a full list.
1. Head to downtown Noblesville for tons of fun! Tonight you can shop ‘til you drop at the Noblesville Main Street Produce Market and check out downtown merchants offering sales during the Downtown Noblesville Chocolate Trail event. On Friday evening, gather at the historic courthouse square to enjoy the sounds of the Jazz Squared concert.
2. Want to score well-known designer brands and one-of-a-kind pieces made in Indiana for up to ½ price? (Who wouldn't??) Attend the Sample Sale at the Indiana Design Center to snag some great deals on sample pieces and more used in the showrooms there. After getting such good deals, treat yourself to a tasty lunch at Blu Moon Café inside the Design Center.
3. History buffs will enjoy the annual Voices from the Past Living History Walk in Westfield this Friday and Saturday. Attendees will be guided on a journey into the past to landmarks in Westfield where they will be met by Westfield Playhouse actors portraying locals with interesting stories to tell. Tours on Friday evening leave every 10 minutes between 6:00- 6:30 and on Saturday afternoon between 1:00- 3:30pm.
4. Enjoy entertainment and art in Carmel this Saturday. The Second Saturday Gallery Walk will take place from 5-10 p.m. throughout the Carmel Arts & Design District. From 6-9 p.m. you can also enjoy performances of traditional Chinese dance, music and more as a part of the Chinese Mooncake Festival. Also from 6-9 p.m., Matt Roush will be performing at the Carmel City Center. What a fun evening!
5. What is that? How does it work? Can I build it? All these questions and more are welcome at the Curiosity Fair this weekend at Conner Prairie! People of all ages are invited to play, create and investigate the mysteries of the world around them and discover how they are a part of history. While you're there, don't forget to stop by the Apple Store for a snack or treat!
6. Enjoy a splendid fall afternoon at Music & Art in the Park in Sheridan this Saturday. See art displays and listen to the Zionsville Community band in Veterans Park. For a different spin on things, check out "Art in the Park-ing Lot" at Gallery 116 before heading to Sheridan! From 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. local art and treasures will be set up in Gallery 116's parking lot. Enjoy food and drinks too while you shop to support local artists.
7. You may have been to a barn sale before, but have you ever been to an upscale one? Stop by the Upscale Barn Sale at the Prairie Guest House this Saturday and Sunday to uncover charming vintage and repurposed pieces for your home.
8. If you love to bike, don't miss the Tour de Carmel this Saturday morning! Riders of all ages and skill level are welcome to sign up to participate. Various bike routes throughout Carmel will highlight some of the beautiful sites to see including some of the best parks in the area. Plus, it's only 8 bucks to take part!