This weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana is FILLED with fun things to do! From train rides, to farmers markets and even Civil War re-enactments, plus the first concert of the season at Klipsch Music Center- there is a little bit of something for everyone. Read on for great weekend getaway ideas, and find even more (yes, more!) on our online calendar of events.
1. Noblesville is kicking off their Music & All That Jazz concert series this Friday! Head to the Square for music with Casey Harshbarger & Friends, grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, and shop your way around the boutiques lining the Square. While you're in town, don't forget to see what classes and exhibits are happening at Nickel Plate Arts. Stick around on Saturday evening too for a cruise-in with classic cars!
2. Head north to the town of Arcadia for the annual Arcadia May Festival this Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy booths lining downtown with arts and crafts, food, kids activities and more. Plus see vintage and cool cars at the car show.
3. Hamilton Town Center will be hosting their first ever Chalk Art Festival this Saturday! See chalk artists work, enjoy various live musical acts, and browse the vendors and existing shops too. There will also be plenty of face painting, balloon animals, and games for the kiddos.
4. Does your family enjoy history? Don't miss the annual Civil War Days at Conner Prairie this weekend! The grounds will be transformed into the time period of the 1860s so visitors can experience the effects it had on everyday life. There will be 500 re-enactors from across the country and a host of activities from firing a reproduction musket to learning about women soldiers.
5. Farmers Market season is in full swing! Markets all over the county are opening up shop to provide produce, baked goods, flowers, prepared breakfasts and more. See when the markets take place and where here.
6. If you're looking for wedding ideas, stop in the Prairie Guest House this Sunday. They are hosting a Wedding Open House for brides-to-be! There will be vendors plus you can explore the grounds.
7. Hop aboard an Indiana Transportation Museum train this weekend. The Blue Arrow Train runs on Saturdays and transports hungry passengers to restaurants in northern Hamilton County like DeLullo's. Or ride the rails on the Hoosierland Train that runs both Saturday and Sunday. This train departs from Fishers and drops passengers off on the Noblesville Square or in Forest Park.
8. Have you ever set up a lemonade stand? Support other young entrepreneurs during Lemonade Day! Carmel City Center will be the location of choice for kids to start their businesses this Saturday. Stop in to get a refreshing drink and support this cool program.