The holiday season is definitely in full swing here in Hamilton County. It's time to gather up last minute gifts, enjoy time with family and friends, and explore Hamilton County's wintery offerings! Browse the selection of weekend ideas below, or make a custom search on our online calendar of events to find the perfect activity to enjoy.
1. Fancy a spot of tea? Two holiday teas are this weekend in Hamilton County! Rita's Garden Center & Tea Room is hosting their Christmas Teas on both Friday and Saturday. Or head to Noblesville on Saturday to attend the Holiday Extravaganza Tea at the R.L. Wilson House. To ensure your seat, reserve your spot today for these festive tea times!
2. Get your holiday shopping done! Attend a sale or event like Men's Night Out or the Holiday Sale at Main Street Shoppes to grab gifts. Or venture to one of Hamilton County's malls like Clay Terrace, Hamilton Town Center, or The Fashion Mall for name brands and tons of variety. Browse our shopping page prior to your shopping trip to plan ahead and find even more great shops!
3. Make a trip to Noblesville to find one-of-a-kind art that is both pleasing to view and pleasing to receive as a gift! Stop by the Birdie Gallery to see their latest exhibit: Fine Art Holiday Gifts. Next make your way down the road to the Nickel Plate Arts Campus that has special extended hours so you can visit the latest exhibit, "Settling In: Winter in Hamilton County". The best part is that all of the art is for sale too!
4. Reserve Friday as family night and head to The Great American Songbook Movie Series showing of "Mary Poppins". Make it a fun evening out by grabbing dinner before or treats after the show at a local place. Check out our previous post for ideas!
5. Treat the kiddos to a meal with Santa himself! The Mansion at Oak Hill is holding breakfasts and lunch with Santa. They are also holding Old Fashioned Christmas at the Mansion, a classic holiday dinner where Santa will also be in attendance. Good thing Santa likes to eat!
6. While you're shopping this Saturday at Carmel City Center, be on the lookout for some holiday cheer. Each Saturday in December, there will be live entertainment to provide a soundtrack while you shop! This week's entertainment will be from 2-4 p.m. and 4-5 p.m. Also check out the Winter Market this Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
7. Reserve time this Sunday afternoon to attend the Holly Jolly Jamboree at Cool Creek Nature Center. This free event will feature photo with Santa and an Animals of the North Pole program with real animals including reindeer!
8. Surprise family or friends with tickets to a theater production or music performance. There are so many to choose from! "Joseph and Mary" at the Carmel Community Playhouse, "Scrooge: The Musical" at The Studio, "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Tarkington and even more!