Rainy days are going to give way to sunshine this weekend here in Hamilton County! We have ideas for indoor and outdoor fun- from bowling to exploring history outside. Read on for 8 Great ideas and for even more, check our online calendar of events.
1. Need an activity for those rainy April days? Pinheads Bowling has the answer! This Friday and Saturday there will be live music and karaoke fun at Louie's inside the bowling center. During the week, take advantage of their customer appreciation month special- FREE bowling! All you have to do is pay for shoes and you can enjoy up to 2 hours of free bowling fun.
2. Take advantage of another free activity here in Hamilton County by attending The Verdi Requiem performance. IU Jacobs School of Music will be performing the thrilling piece at the Palladium this Friday. You can claim up to 4 free tickets just by calling to reserve at the box office.
3. Enjoy the art of talented young local artists. Stop by the Nickel Plate Arts Campus to see the newly open Young Artists Exhibition that showcases art by kiddos from Noblesville. They are open Thursdays and Fridays from 12-5pm and Saturdays 10am- 5pm. You can also see art by pint-sized artists from Mohawk Trails Elementary at the aptly named World's Smallest Children's Art Gallery. The tiny gallery is open Fridays and Sundays from 2-4pm.
4. "We are runners and we will run on Saturday for our personal reasons that got us to this point AND NOW for all of our fellow runners and fans in Boston!"- Carmel Marathon. The marathon and other affiliated running events are on for this Saturday and more details about the races can be found on our previous blog post. Don't forget to stop by the Hamilton County Convention & Visitors Bureau booths at registration and after the race. We'll have 1 THOUSAND bananas for refueling runners and prizes too!
5. Wedding season is on the way and Carmel Rep is celebrating by presenting Father of the Bride. This popular tale is about all of the craziness that throwing a wedding brings, and of course the hilarities that ensue. Don't miss this fun show! UPDATE 4/22: this show has been cancelled, please visit The Center for the Performing Arts page to pick another fun show to see!
6. There is a lot to do at Conner Prairie this April! Explore their April theme, Threads Through Time to learn about the history of fabrics from fibers to furs. Take advantage of the Craft Corner this weekend too where you can make your own jump rope using a traditional braid technique. Also, don't forget to make your reservation for the powerful and educational Follow the North Star program. Lastly, Spacelab is this Saturday as well! This program allows kids to discover what it takes to live in space and much more.
7. We don't want to jinx it, but it may finally be time to invest in some shorts and summery dresses! This calls for a trip to Hamilton County shopping spots to stock up on warm weather wear, don't you agree? Head to Clay Terrace, The Fashion Mall, and Hamilton Town Center for name brands and tons of selection. To keep it local, shop on the square in downtown Noblesville or head to Carmel to shop along the Arts & Design District or City Center.
8. The weather is going to take a much needed break from April Showers this weekend. It'll be the perfect time to get out and about in Hamilton County and save money while doing so! If you haven't yet checked out our Special Offers page, you need to ASAP. There are deals on everything from dining to overnight stays!