Many schools may be back in session, but the fun doesn't need to end! Make the most of your weekend here in Hamilton County with these fun ideas. Check out our online calendar of events for even more weekend getaway ideas.
1. Unwind this Friday in Fishers. Start with a sweet treat from Gigi's Cupcakes or Handel's Ice Cream and then head over to the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Grab more goodies from food trucks as you lounge and enjoy the sounds of the Fridays After Dark Concert Series- what a great Friday!
3. If you love classic cars, don't miss the Vintage Vehicle Expo at Cool Creek Park this Saturday. See cool cars, trucks and motorcycles all for free! Take a stroll around Cool Creek Park while you're there and pop in the Nature Center too!
4. It's going to be a great weekend to attend Symphony on the Prairie! The much loved swing band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will be lighting up the stage on Friday and Saturday nights. Pack a picnic to bring or swing by Sahm's Restaurant on the way to the show for a worry-free meal to go!
5. Visit Forest Park in Noblesville this Saturday- there will be a lot to see! The Noblesville Fit Fest begins at 8 a.m. for participants, but spectators are welcome to watch the races and participate in post-race fun. During the day visit the aquatic center, merry-go-round, or Tom Thumb golf course. Then at dusk enjoy the Summer Movie Series with Noblesville Parks.
6. Most of the farmers markets in Hamilton County only last a month or two more, so get your farm-fresh goodies while you can! Farmers markets make a great pit stop for visitors and locals alike where one can find everything from fresh sweet corn to raw honey. Check out the list of markets here.
7. Discover handmade items, folk art, and all styles of crafts at the 3rd Annual Summertime Celebration of Arts & Crafts this weekend! This annual showcase of all things crafty will take over the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville this weekend. Continue reading to see how to score tickets for free! (And if you don't win, you can print a coupon.)
8. It's the last weekend of the Indiana State Fair, which means it's also the last weekend to ride the FairTrain. This annual tradition presented by the Indiana Transportation Museum is one that should not be missed! You can not only experience a ride on a historical train, but also you can skip the parking lines at the Indiana State Fair! See below for how to win tickets.
Would you like to have a weekend filled with Hamilton County fun?
Comment on this blog post and share your favorite weekend activity to do in Hamilton County. We'll pick a lucky winner to receive 4 Indiana Transportation Museum FairTrain tickets and 4 tickets to the Summertime Celebration of Arts & Crafts!
Entries must be in by 2 p.m. on Thursday, August 15. The winner will be announced via social media and contacted via the email address they supply.
This contest is now closed, congratulations to Joanna! Enjoy riding the FairTrain!