It's the last weekend before Christmas! Don't panic, just read on for last-minute gift ideas, where to get a tree if you haven't yet, plus how to get into the holiday spirit with concerts and more. As always, our online calendar of events has even more Hamilton County happenings to discover. Happy Holidays!
1. Give the gift of handmade items this season. Stop into Nickel Plate Arts to see the Gifted exhibit that's filled with locally crafted items at all price ranges. Feeling crafty? Make your own giftable items during the last Santa's Workshop of the season this Saturday. Just drop in and pick a project to create!
2. For all of you procrastinators out there, it's the last weekend to get that Christmas tree! Country Christmas at Stonycreek Farm in Noblesville still has some trees to choose from. You can cut down your own or select pre-cut greenery from the greenhouse.
3. Pick up some holiday gifts at a local shop this weekend. The HO HO Holiday Sale at Main Street Shoppes is a great place to snag a one-of-a-kind antique gift at a great price. Or check out Mass on Main that brings selections from some of Indianapolis' best Mass. Ave. shops right here to Main Street in Carmel.
4. The running of Polar Bear Express train is coming to an end for the season. You can make reservations to hop aboard this weekend or Monday and Tuesday. It's also a great time to reserve seats for Santa's Train Home!
5. The Mansion at Oak Hill is hosting its last Breakfast with Santa this Saturday. The whole family can enjoy a breakfast buffet and some time with Santa.
7. Get in those last minute wishes for Santa. He's making appearances all over Hamilton County for just that reason! Check out our event calendar to see all of the places to spot him.
8. Holiday fun continues at Conner Prairie this weekend! Holiday Cheers, an adults-only party, will have samples of local beverages and more is this Thursday. It's also the last weekend to explore Prairietown as residents prepare for the holidays at Conner Prairie by Candlelight and Holiday Adventure. For fun before and after the holidays, visit the Gingerbread Village that will be on display through January 4.