Happy Valentine's Day from all of us here as the Hamilton County Convention & Visitors Bureau! Check out a few of our previous blog posts for last minute date ideas and uniquely Hamilton County gift ideas. Below you'll find more ideas for weekend activities for just the two of you or for a group of family or friends! As always, you can check out our online calendar any time for events.
1. If Valentine's Day is not for you, head to Nickel Plate Arts on Friday for Anti-Valentine's Day! Enjoy snacks as local poets and storytellers share works about the not so glamorous side of love. Also view the newly opened Love, Lust & Poetry exhibit.
2. Check out all of the new exhibits at the Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections. In addition to new exhibits like mini Sherlock Holmes scenes, the museum will add another exhibit featuring decorated eggs. This will be on display until Easter and includes eggs of all sizes and colors.
3. Reserve your spot at the table for a Hearthside Supper at Conner Prairie. Learn to cook an early 19th century meal, then enjoy the feast complete with time period appropriate utensils! This would be a great family outing or fun for a group of friends. Beginning in March suppers will be offered Wednesday- Sunday nights.
4. Would you care for some local tea? How about some Greek treats? Head to the Winter Market in the Carmel City Center to find tasty options like those any many more. The market is every Saturday through March 30 from 9 a.m. to noon.
5. Don't miss exciting performances on Sunday afternoon! John Jorgenson will be performing classic gypsy jazz at the Hedgehog beginning at 4 p.m. For something more upbeat, head to the Palladium for Drumline Live. This performance will feature show-style marching bands and explosive choreography that will make for one exciting show!
7. Enjoy a theatrical performance this weekend. See the hilarious "Musical of Musicals", the bizarrely fun "They Came from Mars and Landed Outside the Farndale Avenue Church", or the love and golf-centered "Fox on the Fairway".
8. Get excited for Klipsch Music Center's summer line-up this year! They will have concerts for all types of music lovers, from country fans to rock ‘n rollers. Here are some things you might not know about Klipsch: they have been nominated in the Academy of County Music Awards for Venue of the Year, they are celebrating their 25th year this year, and they are one of the five most ticketed live music venues in the WORLD! If you just can't wait to experience a concert at Klipsch Music Center, Klipsch has an interesting solution for you too. They now offer wireless music systems inspired by the Noblesville venue!