It may be mid-winter, but there's still plenty to do in Hamilton County! Discover activities ranging from wine tasting for the adults to a free day at Conner Prairie for the young and young at heart. Browse the list below for ideas for your weekend here and check our online calendar for even more events.
1. Head to Arcadia this Friday evening for a free wine tasting! From 5-8 p.m. Arcadia Wine & Spirits will open its doors and serve local wine from Winzerwald Winery. This winery is located on 85 acres in the Hoosier National Forest and produces German-style wines. The entire Winzerwald Wine Collection will be available to sample!
2. The Winter Market continues this weekend at the Carmel City Center. This is the second to last market of this season, so don't miss out! Over 15 vendors will be displaying and selling their specialty items from 9 a.m. to noon this Saturday.
3. Enjoy local art made by four artists from Fishers at the newest Art in Town Hall exhibit. The show entitled Expression and Exploration will have its open house this Friday from 6-8 p.m. in Fishers Town Hall.
4. Want to spruce up your home with some remodeling or update its curb appeal? Take a trip to the Hamilton County Home Show at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds this weekend. The main exhibition hall will be filled with local businesses that can give you ideas and help you get started with your home projects for 2013.
5. We've got golf on the brain here in Hamilton County because we are so very excited for the upcoming golf season! This weekend we will be represented at the St. Louis Golf Expo to share information about our lovely courses. If you just can't wait to plan your own Hamilton County golf trip, check out our last blog post that reveals the top courses in the county and then visit our Stay & Play page!
6. Ensure that you'll have a good time no matter what the crazy Indiana weather throws at us! Attend an entertaining indoor performance at the Center for the Performing Arts. From dance performances at The Tarkington, to international orchestras filling The Palladium, this season of shows is sure to be great. For tickets and a full performance schedule, check out the Center's calendar.
7. Wander in the Indiana Design Center for ideas for your home's interior. With over 20 showrooms, design professionals and artists, this amazing design center is packed with decorating ideas. The center is open to the public and the to-the-trade showrooms may be accessed through the Designer-on-Call program.
8. Conner Prairie is continuing its fun winter programs! New hours for their Discovery Station and Science Lab are in affect and the popular Hearthside Supper experience will continue through March. New this week is the MLK Jr. Free Day where admission will be FREE on January 21. Don't miss the special activities and events!