Celebrate dad this weekend in Hamilton County! Below you'll find plenty of ideas for enjoying the entire weekend including Father's Day on Sunday. From encountering dinosaurs to riding the rails, there's plenty to see and do. For even more things to do in Hamilton County, check our online calendar of events.
1. Find a unique gift for pops at a locally owned shop in Hamilton County. Shop the Annual Summer Sale at Main Street Shoppes to find one-of-a-kind antique items, or if dad's a wine lover, treat him to something from Arcadia Wine & Spirits. For sports loving dads, a gift certificate from Authentic Sports Collectibles will help him get that signed memorabilia he's been eyeing.
2. Please your creative side with some Nickel Plate Arts events. Try your hand at creating a masterpiece during the Painting Flowers Class on Saturday. Or if you're better at buying rather than creating art, stop in at one of the Umbrella Sales on Friday or Saturday to purchase local art. Maybe you'll even find something special for dad!
3. Have a kiddo who is fascinated by dinosaurs? You won't want to miss ERTH's Dinosaur Petting Zoo at The Center for the Performing Arts! This interactive show lets the audience get up close to dinosaurs created by the visual arts company ERTH. Shows being today and runs through Sunday.
4. ALL of the farmers markets in Hamilton County are open for the season! Get loads of fresh produce including tasty strawberries that are now in season. Click here for locations and times of the Fishers, Noblesville, Carmel and Westfield markets. Why not grab ingredients at a market and make a meal for dad? Check out our previous post by blogger Shanna for ideas.
5. Ever strolled through Carmel and thought that you'd like a closer look at some of the yards and porches? You're in luck! The Carmel Clay Historical Society's Garden and Front Porch Tour is this Saturday. Discover beautiful historical homes and history facts about Carmel too.
6. All dads love trains, right? If yours does, take him for a ride on the rails with the Indiana Transportation Museum this weekend. The Blue Arrow Train and the Jeffersonian Train both depart from the museum this Saturday evening. Or take dad on the Father's Day Train on Sunday!
7. Treat dad to a special meal on Father's Day with brunch at Mo's A Place for Steaks. They are hosting a special brunch to honor dads that features culinary stations and a Bloody Mary bar. Or if your pop has a sweet tooth, find the perfect place to take him for a cupcake or ice cream cone on our restaurant page.
8. Enjoy a theater performance by a talented community theater group. There are several shows to choose from this weekend alone like The Spitfire Grill or Beanstalk the Musical!. For dads who love theater shows, surprise him with tickets to a performance at AACTFest next week!