Spring is trying its best to beat the last of winter here in Hamilton County! This means it's time to begin exploring the outdoors, celebrate St. Patrick's Day, enjoy fun music, try new dishes, and more. Best of all? You can experience all of these things here in Hamilton County this coming weekend! Read on for great ideas and check out our online calendar for even more weekend fun.
1. "Beware the Ides of March," rather than stay in and worry, attend the Ides of March Improvised Shakespeare Workshop at the Nickel Plate Arts. Join seasoned improvisers from Comedy Sportz who will help participants craft improvised Shakespearian scenes. Everyone will have a role to play in this fun & silly tribute to the Bard!
2. Take time to explore all of the treasures at the Springtime in Indiana: Art, Craft & Gift Showcase this weekend. Head to the 4-H Fairgrounds in Noblesville that will be filled with art, crafts, repurposed items, antiques and more.
3. Head to Detour An American Grille this Saturday for a St. Patrick's Day celebration! They will be hosting a St. Patty's Party complete with green beer. The Carson Bros. Band will also be performing live.
4. Love ABBA? Don't miss The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra presents: The Music of ABBA starting Rajaton! Rajaton is an a cappella group that will join the ISO to perform ABBA's chart-topping hits like "Dancing Queen." Hurry and grab tickets before they're gone and refer to #6 to see how to get tickets at a great price!
5. Do not miss the celebration of St. Patrick's Day at locally owned restaurant Dooley O'Toole's! They will have special hours March 16 & 17 from 11 am- 9:30 pm and will be serving up awesome food and drinks. Some of the specials include traditional corned beef and cabbage and of course drink specials include green beer. There will also be specials on traditional Irish libations like Guinness and Jameson!
6. Take advantage of the great deals during Northiside Nights Restaurant Week. Not only are there 3-course menus available at great restaurants like Harry & Izzy's, Shiraz, Sahm's and more, but there are other great deals too! Discounted tickets for Leipzig Quartet on March 15, Music of ABBA presented by the ISO on March 17, and Barbara Cook & Michael Feinstein on March 23 are all available. What a great way to make an evening out even more special!
7. Fancy a spot of tea? Make reservations for this Saturday's Mad Hatter Tea at the R.L. Wilson House in Noblesville. Enjoy a 5-course tea and unbirthday celebration in the presence of the Mad Hatter himself who will provide entertainment. Finish the tea on a sweet note with a treat from Heavenly Sweets.
8. The first day of spring is fast approaching! Be ready to greet warmer weather in Hamilton County and get reacquainted with the great outdoors. Browse our Nature & Outdoor page that's filled with outdoor activity ideas, parks to visit, trails to explore and more. For golfers, our Indiana Premier Golf page is the place to find pristine courses and build a stay & play package just in time for spring!