Local culinary delights, a classic movie on the big screen, and the first holiday happenings of the season are all coming your way this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! Visiting Hamilton County or have family visiting for Thanksgiving and the holidays? Continue checking here on our blog for fun things to do, search our online calendar by date to see what's coming up, plus select hotels are offering special holiday rates too!
1. Carmel Culinary Tours put on by Small Potatoes are taking off this week! The first tour is this evening and the next is on November 20, and space is very limited for this new adventure. Participants will sample specials at Jersey's Café, J. Razzo's, Upland Brewing and Chocolate for the Spirit. Delish!
2. Celebrate one of the Indiana Design Center's most legendary artists and designers, Walter Knabe. This Thursday guests can view Walter at work in his studio while enjoying the artful surroundings and snacks. RSVP is required, learn more here.
3. The Great American Songbook Film Series kicks off this Friday! Every second Friday through March, the Palladium will come alive with a classic movie. The first is Fiddler on the Roof at 7:30 p.m. and tickets for all shows are just 10 bucks!
4. Conner Prairie is offering a host of programs this weekend. For history buffs there's Follow the North Star, an immersive Underground Railroad program that has a lasting impression. Or learn the basics of gingerbread construction at Gingerbread House 101 with expert baker Rascia from Rascia's Creative Cakes. And just for nature lovers there's Conner Prairie at Dawn this Saturday. The grounds will open at 7am for artists, photographers, birdwatchers and more to take advantage of the quiet prairie.
5. That winter chill is returning to the air, which means it's time to start thinking of the holidays. The Hamilton Town Center Holiday Festival will definitely help you get into a festive mood! This Saturday the mall will have entertainment, a tree lighting, food vendors and a grand finale with Santa and fireworks. (Not to mention super convenient shopping...)
6. Catch a show at The Center for the Performing Arts. The Indiana Wind Symphony will present "Summon the Heroes", the Tania Perez-Salas Compania De Danza will twirl their way into The Tarkington, and Pete N Keely presented by The Actors Theatre of Indiana will continue its run at The Studio Theater.
7. The Winter Farmers Market returns to Carmel this Saturday morning with a new location! Many of the same wonderful vendors will be returning to the market too. The new location is the Wilfong Pavilion in Founders Park on Hazel Dell Parkway. A new plus? The pavilion is heated!
8. Can't get enough of Hamilton County's local eats? Make your reservation now for the Harvest Beer Tasting Dinner at Prairie Guest House this Saturday. A 5-course fall-themed dinner will also include expertly paired beers. Coming from out of town (or have too many beer samples)? Discounted room rates are also available for an overnight stay in the charming bed & breakfast.