Admire fall leaves, get spooked, enjoy pies and cupcakes and more this weekend here in Hamilton County! Read on for ideas to fill your weekend with fall fun and for even more ideas, check our full online calendar.
1. Whether you plan to paint, carve or chuck your pumpkins this year, it's time to get them! Get the full pumpkin patch experience and more at the Stonycreek Farms Pumpkin Harvest Festival that happens until the end of October. There you can pick pumpkins, ride a zip line and more! Another great option is the Pumpkin Train where you can ride the rails to the pumpkin patch.
2. Do you love cupcakes? Don't miss the sugary fun with Gigi's Cupcakes this Saturday! Founder Gigi Butler will be making appearances at the Fishers cupcake shop and later at Witten Park for a free concert. Plenty of cupcakes will be given away too!
3. Indiana's fall leaves are at their peak so go explore the fall colors in Hamilton County! Great leaf admiring spots include Ritchey Woods, Cool Creek Park, and Strawtown Koteewi Park. If you'd prefer a view from the water, paddle down White River in a canoe from White River Canoe Company.
4. Visit Conner Prairie to encounter the Legend of Sleepy Hollow's most famous character- the Headless Horseman. This year each weekend of spooky fun includes extra programs in addition to the haunted hayride as well. Enjoy everything from pumpkin bowling to s'mores making!
5. Love history AND want to get spooked? Hamilton County is just the destination for you! Among other spooky things to partake in this October, ghost walks are arguably the most popular and provide a dose of history too. Be sure to reserve your spot on an upcoming tour, because they're going fast!
6. It's time to decorate for fall if you haven't already! Cozy up your home with trinkets, candles and more from local gift shops, boutiques and antique stores. Explore our shopping page to plan your perfect shopping getaway.
7. Take advantage of the last few mild days of fall to play a round or two at a pristine Hamilton County golf course. Visit the Pete Dye designed Plum Creek, challenge yourself at the cleverly-named Purgatory Golf Club, or select another from the impressive list of courses in the county.
8. Enjoy all the lip smacking goodness that comes along with the changing of the leaves! Head north to Atlanta, Indiana to discover Lisa's Pie Shop and their array of award-winning pies. From pumpkin to caramel apple, this shop has it all! While you're there, donate to help send Lisa's famous Pie in a Jar to soldiers overseas.