Can you believe it? It's already mid-October! It's prime time to cram in as much fall fun in Hamilton County, Indiana as humanly possible! Read on for 8 Great ways to do just that, plus check out our online calendar for even more trip ideas.
1. There are only a few weeks left to pack in some fall fun at Conner Prairie! Go experience the Headless Horseman to get spooked and to meet some residents of the new Conner Scairie. You can read about some of the special things to see and do there in our last blog post. Also swing in to the Apple Store for some apple-y treats before it closes up shop on October 31!
2. There are several ghost walks coming up throughout the county! Be sure to make yours reservations soon if you're interested in learning where to spot ghosts. Check here for a line up of those being offered by Unseen Press, and Conner Prairie is also hosting "Haunted Prairie: A Hidden History of Conner Prairie." There you can learn about some of the spooky things seen around the grounds by employees and more.
3. Love sports and have kiddos who love to play sports? You won't want to miss the Preview & Play Community Event at Grand Park this Saturday! Once Grand Park: The Sports Campus at Westfield is completed, the complex will have over 30 multi-use soccer fields and over 25 baseball and softball diamonds. During this event you'll be able to see some of the complex's future resident teams practice on the shiny new fields, plus see some of Indy's new soccer players from the Indy Eleven.
4. Catch some world-class performers at the Palladium this weekend. On Friday, groove to Gloria Gaynor's hits like "I Will Survive." On Saturday, the sensational soprano Deborah Voigt will grace the stage as a part of the Printing Partner's Classical Series. ABBA fans will take over on Sunday for ABBA- The Concert.
5. If you love antiques, take a leisurely weekend jaunt to Hamilton County for some great antiquing. Read our previous post about some places to hunt for the perfect piece and other tips. Also head to Carmel Old Town Antique Mall this Saturday for their annual Deal with the Dealer Day. There you'll be able to bring up to 3 items to be appraised by the experts there- how fun!
6. If you haven't already picked up pumpkins, it's going to be a great weekend to do so. Stonycreek Farms Pumpkin Harvest Festival is the place to do just that. They've been hosting it for 41 years now, so they know their pumpkins! You can pick already plucked pumpkins, take a hayride to pick your own, plus enjoy other activities like a zip line.
7. It's a great time to see Hamilton County's trees take on the colors of fall. Get outside and enjoy a hike, bike ride, or canoe adventure in the crisp fall air. Our Nature & Outdoor page is filled with great ideas.
8. Get social with us! Watch our latest YouTube video here. Although some of the featured fall festivals in it have already come and gone, there's still plenty of fall fun to be had yet this season! While you're out and about having some of that fall fun, don't forget to share your photos on Instagram. If you share using both the tags #VisitHC and #HCfallFun, you'll be entered to win some fun prizes! Details here.