Fall in love with fall here in Hamilton County! This weekend brings the start of fall festival season, fun for foodies, ways to explore the outdoors AND an Instagram contest! Read on for those ideas and more, plus check out our full online calendar for even more events in Hamilton County, Indiana.
1. Nickel Plate Arts is going to be busy this weekend! Today is their first installment of the new Jabberwocky Fishers free storytelling series. Head to the Hamilton East Public Library in Fishers to hear storytellers craft tales around the theme "A Funny Thing Happened Today at the Office." On Friday, the Nickel Plate Arts Campus will be buzzing with fun for the Block Party Fun-Raiser. Support the local arts by attending to enjoy local art demonstrations, live entertainment and local food too.
2. Foodies, rejoice! It's time to taste all that fall has to offer here in Hamilton County. Savor local Indiana delicacies at the first ever Prairie Plates at Conner Prairie where visitors (adults only!) can try everything from mead to meats. (Please note that Prairie Plates has been cancelled due to the threat of severe weather.) Or head to the Carmel City Center that is already celebrating the Indiana Governor's Arts Awards with "Savor the Arts." Select restaurants are offering dishes themed around this year's honorees, but only through next Thursday!
3. Speaking of the Governor's Arts Awards, it's next week! And did you know that the public can attend? Tickets to the Serenade portion of the program are only $10 for students and $20 for adults. During the Serenade, the honorees will each receive their awards and John Hiatt will perform.
4. It's time for the fall installment of the popular Noblesville Old Mill Festival! Held each spring and fall, this festival transforms the Noblesville Square into shopping-central where there will be 70+ juried vendors. This Saturday you can shop for antiques, vintage items, handicrafts and more- plus it'll happen rain or shine.
5. For some serious fall fun, head north to Sheridan for the annual Harvest Moon Festival. There will be everything from food to entertainment to carnival rides and of course the popular Great Pumpkin Chuck. Using the physics skilled gained in class, Sheridan High School students will build contraptions to chuck pumpkins as far as they can!
6. Get out and do some exploring at Conner Prairie this weekend. Check out the event White River Past & Present that's happening in conjunction with the White River Festival. With general admission, guests will be able to explore the river bank at Conner Prairie and learn about the plants and animals that live there. After your visit, don't forget to stop by one of our staff's favorite fall things- The Apple Store!
7. Go catch a production or concert at The Center for the Performing Arts. Through the end of the month, the Actor's Theater of Indiana is presenting "Always, Patsy Cline" and Civic Theater is presenting "Pippin." Coming up at the Palladium this week are Lang Lang and Craig Morgan and Willie Nelson will be performing next Wednesday- what a week! (And if you've ever wondered what it's like behind the scenes at the Palladium, check out this backstage video.)
8. Last, but not least, share your photos of all of the fall fun you have in Hamilton County this weekend! Enter our Instagram contest by sharing your photos and tag with both #HCfallFun and #VisitHC. We'll re-gram some winners each week! More details here & below.