Holiday happenings are already beginning in Hamilton County this weekend! Meet Santa, cut down your own Christmas Tree, see live music and more. Read on for weekend getaway ideas and discover additional fun on our online event calendar.
1. It's the last weekend of the year to experience the moving Follow the North Star program at Conner Prairie. Participants take on the role of a fugitive slave traveling along the Underground Railroad in this nationally acclaimed program. Reservations are required.
2. The legendary Tony Bennett is coming to the Palladium! Hear him croon the classics like "Anything Goes" and new material from his album Duets II. A bit of trivia for Tony lovers- the Duets II album debuted at No. 1 making him the only recording artist in history to achieve this at age 85!
3. Get into the holiday spirit at the 2014 Holiday on the Square event in Carmel this Saturday. This annual tradition brings a lot of entertainment to the gazebo on the square, visits with Santa and his elves, plus the tree lighting.
4. Speaking of Christmas, Stonycreek Farm's Country Christmas kicks off this Saturday. Nothing says tradition like picking out your own Christmas Tree and cutting it down right on the farm! Also check out the array of custom made wreaths and more inside the gift shop.
5. Santa will continue his visits to local malls with his arrival at Clay Terrace this Saturday. In addition to meeting Santa in his Santa House, there will be even more like carriage rides and reindeer. Santa will stick around until Christmas Eve for photo ops and he'll also make appearances at The Fashion Mall- what a busy guy!
6. Get your fitness on for a great cause at The Mustache Dache! Complete a zany and fun 5k at Grand Park in support of Movember, the leading charity for men's health and prostate cancer. All participants are encouraged to don a mustache (whether real, stick on or painted on!) to support the cause. Day-of registration is available.
7. The Winter Farmers Market in Carmel is celebrating its second week of the season in its new location. The heated Wilfong Pavilion in Founders Park houses over 30 vendors that offer everything from prepared goods to eggs and meat. See you at the market this Saturday from 9am- noon!
8. Head to northern Hamilton County this Saturday for a unique evening. Grab a delicious Italian dinner at DeLullo's in Atlanta (read blogger Emma's review here). Then enjoy an evening of music the Hedgehog in Arcadia. Award-winning English guitarist Adrian Legg will perform for the third time at this charming venue beginning at 7pm.