Tomorrow marks the official end of summer, and here in Hamilton County we sure are prepared for fall fun! Below you'll find great things to do this weekend and some fall fun to look forward to as well. For even more great events, check our online calendar for full listings.
1. Art and culture enthusiasts rejoice! It's time for the 15th annual Carmel International Art Festival this weekend. This free event will take over the Carmel Arts and Design District and features live entertainment, over 100 juried artists and more!
2. Do you dig archeology? Attend Digging Through the Past, Building to the Future at Strawtown Koteewi park on Saturday. Learn about the history of this beautiful area, enjoy music by Native American musicians, browse craft booths and even try a bison burger! If you'd like to get more of a "self-tour" around the park grounds, stick around for the Twilight Trail Run & Walk that winds through the park's trails.
3. Bring the whole family to Oktoberfest at Saxony in Fishers on Saturday! There will be games for the kids, a beer garden for the adults and live music for everyone. What's the best part? Admission is free!
4. Celebrate our county's important green space by attending Parking Day this Friday. The idea of Parking Day is to take a parking spot and transform it into an urban park oasis. Eight mini-parks will be set up by different organizations across the county, each one with various things to discover!
5. The small town of Atlanta, Indiana will swell in size for its annual New Earth Festival this weekend! The festival began in 1973 and has been attracting crowds ever since with over 600 art, craft and antique vendors. If you'd like to arrive in style and skip the parking hassle, consider taking the New Earth Festival Train from Noblesville!
6. The time is here to celebrate all that fall has to offer in Hamilton County! Take a trip to the Conner Prairie Apple Store to sample tasty fall treats like apple cider slushies and caramel apples. Go on a ghost walk and get spooked and don't miss the Headless Horseman for more thrills!
7. There is still time to sign up for the three remaining classes in the Nickel Plate Arts line-up for the season. Two classes are THIS Saturday! Don't miss out on a chance to try fun new things like hearth cooking and plaster-making!
8. Pick the perfect pumpkin! Head to a local farmers market or pencil in a stop to Stonycreek Farm's Pumpkin Harvest Festival that begins next weekend! Or reserve your spot on the ever-popular Pumpkin Train that will drop you and your family directly at the pumpkin patch!