This is a busy weekend in Hamilton County: golf balls will be flying, artists will be creating, people will be celebrating National Trails Day and more! Come enjoy all of these great experiences in Hamilton County, Indiana. For even more events this weekend and during next week, check our online calendar of events.
1. The My Marsh Classic events at the Hawthorns Golf and Country Club are already in full swing! Learn more about all the events including the Conner Prairie Craft Corner that's perfect for kids by visiting the My Marsh Classic golf tournament website. The public is welcome to attend the rounds of the tournament that take place June 1-3. Tickets are available at Marsh Supermarkets and at the door and kids 16 and under get FREE admission with the purchase of an adult ticket!
2. Another HUGE event is taking place in Hamilton County this weekend is the Nickel Plate Arts Weekend! This arts and culture event is packed with things to do ranging from tasting a new Nickel Plate wheat beer from Barley Island Brewing Company, to seeing plein air painters or discovering creatively painted pianos in Fishers. Be sure to look for the decorated umbrellas throughout the county so you can see art demonstrations, receive coupons and more!
3. Need to jazz up that old, drab furniture? A day trip to Hamilton County is just what you need! On Saturday head to the Annual Huge Furniture Sale at the Carmel Old Town Antique Mall. Browse an eclectic collection of furniture and vintage decorating accessories that will bring new life to any room. Then head to Gallery 116 for a cool refinishing workshop. At the Caromal Colours Workshop you'll learn how to add a distressed look to furniture. Be sure to reserve your spot in the class soon.
4. Take part in a family tradition in Sheridan, Indiana by attending Sheridan Fireside Tales. This free annual event celebrates the art of story telling and music that is perfect for all ages! In the event of rain, the festivities will be relocated to the nearby Sheridan Community Center.
5. Celebrate National Trails Day on Saturday at Westfield Parks & Recreation: National Trails Day Celebration. Help clean up a new section of the Monon Trail and then participate in two new geocaches that will be announced at noon. Or celebrate on your own by renting a bike at Carmel Cyclery or simply walking along one of the many trails in Hamilton County!
6. Take a break from the Nickel Plate Arts Weekend festivities in Noblesville this Sunday and stroll over to Matteo's to enjoy the fine arts of engineering and cuisine. The Ninth Annual Ferrari Festival provides a great combination of the two! Ferraris and other classic cars will be parked in front of the restaurant and a buffet lunch of classic Italian dishes will be available inside.
7. Head to Cool Creek Park & Nature Center to enjoy the outdoors. Once you have had your fill of the outdoors, step inside the nature center and experience their spring exhibit "Spring on a Wing" to learn about birds. Or head to the park in the evening for a Cool Creek Campfire program. Sing songs, roast marshmallows, and learn about nature.
8. Mark up your calendars with the outrageous amount of community concerts that are happening in Hamilton County this summer. Best of all, most of them are FREE! They make for a lovely evening with friends and family, just take a picnic or pick up carry out from a Hamilton County restaurant and enjoy some tunes.