Happy Leap Day! This week in Hamilton County there is plenty to do! Here are 8 great ideas for visitors and locals alike and for even more ideas, check our Hamilton County events calendar.
1. With warmer temperatures on this lovely Leap Day, you may be feeling in the mood to be outside for some great music. While you have that in mind, Klipsch Music Center (formerly Verizon Music Center) has announced some great summer shows and tickets are already going on sale! Tickets for Iron Maiden go on sale March 3, Big Time Rush tickets go on sale March 10, and Dave Matthews Band tickets go on sale March 9.
2. The Hamilton County Artist Association will be premiering their latest exhibit, "Indiana on My Mind" on March 1. An open house complete with refreshments will be held on March 2 from 6:30-8:30pm. Many local talented artists will have work on display!
3. Make reservations soon for Northside Nights Restaurant Week! This popular event highlights north side restaurants that will be offering 3 course menus for $30 for 1 or 2 people depending upon the restaurant. Hamilton County favorites like Eddie Merlot's, Sahm's Restaurant, Kelties, Peterson's, and Seasons 52 will all be participating.
4. Spruce up your home for spring with new décor from a local shop. Linden Tree Gifts has spring wreaths to brighten up your door, Midland Art & Antiques Market has old things for a new look, and of course the Indiana Design Center is the place to go for a major spring style overhaul!
6. Having a sweet tooth attack? Relief is not far! If you're in Northern Hamilton County, head to Lisa's Pie Shop for their portable pie in a jar. In Carmel, order up a special cake or treat from Rascia's Creative Cakes. For a quick baked good fix in Noblesville, Noble Coffee & Tea has cookies and muffins to go. For a slightly less guilty treat, Orange Leaf Frozen yogurt has locations in both Carmel and Fishers.