Calling all art lovers, history enthusiasts, foodies and shoppers! Come to Hamilton County this weekend to experience some of your favorite things. Read on for ideas for your weekend plans and check out our online calendar of events for even more ideas.
1. Love art? Hamilton County is the place for you this weekend! Attend the 80th Annual Indiana Artists Club Membership Exhibition at Fishers Town Hall on Friday. On Saturday head to the open house for the Hamilton County Artists Association's 62nd Annual Fall Exhibition. From 6-9 p.m. you'll be able to mingle with artists and see (or purchase!) their fine art.
2. Register today for Conner Prairie's interactive program, Follow the North Star. This touching experience puts participants in the role of a fugitive slave and gives a new perspective on the Underground Railroad. Some of our staff was able to participate, read another one of our blog posts to see how they felt about the experience.
3. Head to Noblesville for some warm soup and fun stories this Friday. The annual Soup Cook Off will be on the square from 5:30-8pm where you can sample soups made by local merchants. Be sure to vote for your favorites! While your in Noblesville, stop by the Nickel Plate Arts Campus for The Art of Storytelling. This free event will feature five storytellers who will weave tales for the whole family to enjoy. Interactive activities and snacks will also be available.
4. Learn about Hamilton County's newest sports complex- Grand Park! Grand Park is hosting a construction open house that is open to the public. This Saturday guests will be able to take a virtual video tour of the facility and take wagon rides to parts of the park. Don't miss this chance to see behind the scenes of the soon to be 350 acre Grand Park Sports Campus!
5. Is that chill in the air already making you crave warm comfort foods? There is no shortage of tasty comfort here in Hamilton County! From tenderloins to new spins on classics, you're sure to find something that will hit the spot. Try Uptown Café for a tasty sandwich paired with a fresh soup of the day.
6. Get a head start on this year's holiday shopping! There are plenty of shops that offer unique items where you can find the perfect gifts. Head to Gallery 116 for cool local gifts and don't miss their holiday open house next Thursday too. For even more boutiques check out the Carmel Arts and Design District, Carmel City Center and of course the Noblesville Square.
7. Explore Hamilton County's rich history. From trains to ghosts to cabins, there are plenty of things to see! Or visit one of the local historical societies to learn even more about Hamilton County towns.
8. Grab tickets for an upcoming performance at the Center for the Performing Arts. From talented local theater groups to pop stars, all three stages at the Center are going to be lighting up all month long! Check their calendar for upcoming shows and snag tickets before they're gone.