You know how the saying goes, "April showers bring May Flowers..." but don't let some rain stop you from enjoying a great weekend! Explore the indoors at Conner Prairie, get crafty, have a shopping spree, or try a new brew. Read on for those ideas and check our online calendar for even more spring getaway ideas.
1. Get crafty! Nickel Plate Arts is hosting an array of Pinterest-inspired project classes in the coming months. This week's theme is tie dyed eggs and the class fee includes all materials. You'll be able to make a fun piece of art in just 3 hours!
2. This week brings the first Friday of the month and also lots of fun to downtown Noblesville. For this First Friday event, you have the chance to win fun prizes with the Be a Tourist in Your Own Town photo contest (which is also great for visitors to the town too!). See the details about the contest HERE.
3. Opening week celebrations continue at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park this weekend! The outdoor exhibits are now open for the season and are ready to explore. So is the newly expanded and re-done Create.Connect indoor exhibit that's perfect for a break from outside or for a rainy day.
4. Shop your way around the Historic Noblesville Square. Stop in Old Picket Fence for their Spring Sale this weekend, A Corner Cottage to find something cute for the home, or Whimzy for some spring accessories. Find more shopping options along the square here.
5. See a new type of performance at The Center for the Performing Arts. You may have visited for a theater show or big musical act before, but don't overlook the stunning work by the Gregory Hancock Dance Theatre! This Friday and Saturday they are presenting a moving full-length ballet called "Super Hero."
7. Try a new and local craft brew! Many breweries are coming out with new seasonal creations for spring. Check out blogger Caroline's suggestions for where to grab a local beer.
8. Love jazz? Take some time this weekend to appreciate it during Jazz Appreciation Month. Take the kiddos to The Center Presents: Peanut Butter & Jam: Jazz Appreciation on Saturday morning. Or wander to Atlanta, Indiana to hear live jazz and blues at the Atlanta Music Hall.