Dance the night away or watch ballet dancers dance instead, golf at Prairie View or stroll through time at Conner Prairie, tap your foot to live music or put your bike tires to the pavement on the Monon Trail. Do all of this and more this weekend right here in Hamilton County! Read on for weekend warrior ideas or browse our online calendar for even more fun.
1. Plan to go for a night out on the town tonight for date night or with a group of friends! Stop at Mo's a Place for Steaks for dinner and to take advantage of their Thursday $5 Martini Night. Then head to Detour for more drink specials and Dance Night where DJ Lockstar will be playing dance hits.
2. First Friday Open House at Nickel Plate Arts will be from 5-8 p.m. this Friday. This month's installment will feature screenings of Hoosier Hot Shot films and Bob Foster will be performing and sharing items from his Hoosier Hot Shot collection as well. The Hoosier Hot Shots are a group of comedians who were in films in the 30's and they grew up right here in Hamilton County! Also be sure to check out RC Metalworks just a block away from the arts campus. There you'll get a sneak peek of a metal archway by local artist Bonnie Ramirez that will be installed at the Nickel Plate Arts campus soon.
3. Enjoy a performing arts show (or two!). The Gregory Hancock Dance Theater is presenting Under the Big Top. This full-length ballet features everything you love about the circus: the colors, the performers, the music, the spectacle, and even the side-show! Also opening this weekend is the Little Shop of Horrors at the Belfry Theater. This wacky and beloved show includes the famed character, Audrey II who is a giant carnivorous plant!
4. Head to Arcadia for an evening of live local music on Saturday. The Whipstitch Sallies will be performing the Hedgehog Music Showcase. The group is an all-female, all-singing, all-playing string band that is sure to delight the audience!
5. This weekend is bringing some nice spring weather, which means nearly all of Hamilton County's beautiful golf courses will be open for business! Browse the extensive list of courses on the Indiana Premier Golf page or if you're planning on staying for a few days, build your own Stay & Play package for a great deal.
6. Speaking of the outdoors, activities at Conner Prairie are picking up now that their outdoor areas are open for the season! They are open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through April 7 to accommodate spring breakers and staycation-ers. This weekend is also the debut of their April theme, Threads Through Time and the BANG! program where you can learn to fire a Civil War musket. Also, don't miss the beautiful new Nature Walk!
7. Hit the bike trails this weekend for some outside fun. If you're visiting and don't have a bike, don't worry. Just stop by Carmel Cyclery Bicycle Shop and rent one that's right for you, then hit the trails! The Monon Trail is conveniently located right by the shop, or explore the other trails throughout Hamilton County.
8. Planning a wedding? Head to the bridal show at EventzPlus this Saturday from 12-4 p.m. Be sure to visit our booth to enter to win giveaways like certificates for a free day of parking at the Indianapolis Airport, Heavenly Sweets, Seven Sisters Florist, Zach Dobson Photography and more! (Click here for a coupon that will give you two free admissions to the show.)