If you are already planning a weekend getaway to Hamilton County's 8 Great Towns or want to take a last minute Indiana vacation, here are 8 Great Things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend.
"The Birdie Gallery in Noblesville opens Close Encounters this weekend"
- Come on out for First Friday in downtown Noblesville, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Bring your Mom for an early Mother's Day gift. Whether your mom is traditional or trendy, youll find plenty of options at the unique shops on the square.
- Celebrate National Train Day on Saturday with admission at the Indiana Transportation Museum in Forest Park and discounted fare for The Great Towns Train with a donation of a non-perishable food item. Donate a grocery bag full of items, and you will receive one free round-trip ticket to use that day.
- On Sunday, take mom on the La Bella Donna train. Depart Hobbs Station at Noblesville's Forest Park at 10:30 a.m., travel north to Tipton and then enjoy a special buffet luncheon at the Tipton Elks Club. Hurry and make your reservation at (317) 773-6000. This train trip is often a sell out!
- Spend time with mom exploring the Indiana Glass Trail. Let mom choose her own gift from one of the antique shops or galleries on the trail.
- On Saturday and Sunday, pick out the perfect plant, herb or flower for mom at the Conner Prairie plant sale.
- Dream of America with the Carmel Symphony at the Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy works by Berlin, Porter, Gershwin, and Arlen and a multimedia presentation of Peter Boyer's, Ellis Island: The Dream of America. Tickets start at $15. Call (888) 843-3800 to buy yours.
- Learn about how the solar cycle impacts global climates with Dr. Ronald Weiss during the star and satellite tours at the Taylor Center of Natural History in Strawtown Koteewi Park, Saturday at 9 p.m. Cost: free.
- Attend the surprising Open House of the Close Encounters exhibit at Birdie Gallery in Noblesville, Friday, 6 to 8:30 p.m. Browse through the art, talk with the artists and enjoy light refreshments. Cost: Free. The exhibit is open through June 24.
*For a complete listing of things do in Hamilton County, Indiana, visit our online calendar at VisitHamiltonCounty.com.