Beards, brews... and skulls? It's going to be a frightfully fun first weekend of November in Hamilton County, Indiana. Take part in events like Day of the Dead at Nickel Plate Arts (that's where the skulls come in) or attend the brand new Beards & Brews event this Saturday. Read on for those ideas and more, or discover our full list of Hamilton County happenings on our online calendar.
1. It's the last week of the Apple Store at Conner Prairie! The shop will close for the season on Friday at 5 p.m. so get your fill of fall treats while you can.
2. Day of the Dead at Nickel Plate Arts is being celebrated in an artsy way. You can pick up a Calavera skull to decorate, or just come to the Nickel Plate Campus on Saturday to see a display of all of the decorated skulls. Plus there will be music, storytelling and snacks.
3. Thursday is the final day to take a haunted hike at Cool Creek Park. The Haunted Trails event not only has a spook-tacular trail, but also a much less intimidating options like the Trick-or-Treat Trail or Not-So-Scary Nature Trail.
4. No kiddos on board? Head to a Halloween celebration that has adults in mind. Check out the costume contest at Wolfie's in Carmel or enjoy the festivities at Blackhawk Winery. The winery will host A Night of Wine, Magic & Chocolate complete with chocolate and wine pairings.
5. Got a beard? Love local brews? Noblesville's newest event is for you! Ok, you don't HAVE to have a beard to enjoy this, but maybe at least appreciate them. This Saturday 6 participating breweries will have their brews for sale, plus supply best beard nominations for the Beards & Brews Championship. Categories include Best of Show, Longest Beard, Thickest Beard, and Most Creatively Groomed Beard.
6. Want to go on a Ghost walk? Better make reservations quick! Unseen press is hosting a Westfield Historic Underground Railroad walk on Halloween and Conner Prairie is giving creepy tours Thursday.
7. Two new Hamilton County Artists Association exhibits open this weekend in Noblesville! Head to the Birdie Gallery to see the Community Creates exhibit that opens Thursday. Or check out the 64th Annual Fall Show at the Noblesville Library. Be one of the first to see the show by attending the open house from 6:30- 8:30 p.m. on Saturday.
8. Despite the changing weather, you can continue to work on your golf game all winter at Prairie View Golf Club! Attend their Academy Open House to learn more about the golf fitness programs and practice facilities. Plus you can get your clubs fitted on the spot.
How about some treats? No tricks! We are giving away a fun Hamilton County prize pack just in time for Halloween. Enter to win by 10 a.m. on October 31, 2014. Winner will be notified via email.a Rafflecopter giveaway