From jousting and turkey legs to pumpkin picking and hayrides- there's some fall fun to be had by all this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana! Below you'll find 8 Great ideas to fill your weekend getaway with fun, but be sure to check our online calendar of events for even more.
1. Ne'r shall ye find a better time for ye olde Fishers Renaissance Faire than this weekend- HUZZAH! Stroll back through time in a recreated 16th Century British Village, watch knights jousting on horseback, attend the court of Queen Elizabeth, be entertained on three stages, plus enjoy a giant turkey leg. The faire will be open on both Saturday and Sunday.
2. Enjoy a lovely fall festival near to the only covered bridge in the county! The Potter's Bridge Fall Festival is an annual tradition where fest-goers can enjoy live music, shopping at arts and craft booths and more. Don't forget to stroll around the park to enjoy the scenery and see the bridge too.
3. October brings many spooky traditions, including the celebration of the Day of the Dead. Pay homage to it at the newest Nickel Plate Art exhibit, Milagros y Muertos: Mexican Folk Art with a Hometown Twist, that opens this Friday. See artist Bonnie Ramirez's beautiful and haunting metalwork pieces will be on display through the Month of October.
4. Pumpkin time! Head to Stonycreek Farm for their 41st (yes forty-first!) annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival that occurs daily through October. Take a classic hayride to the pumpkin patch to hand-pick your own special pumpkin. Plus try new adventures like the zip-line or shop for tasty and handmade goods in their shop.
5. For a different take on pumpkin-picking, take a train ride! Hop aboard the Indiana Transportation Museum's Hamilton Harvest Train and ride to a local pumpkin patch. There you can pick the perfect pumpkin, enjoy a petting zoo, a hay bale maze and more. The train runs each weekend in October, and reservations are recommended.
6. Missing race season? Then you won't want to miss Westfield's Grand Junction Derby this Saturday! Westfield's answer to the Indy 500 features gravity-powered, homemade derby cars competing in bracketed heats until winners are declared. After the exciting races, enjoy a live band, refreshments and activities for kiddos.
7. Take part in the special events at Conner Prairie this weekend. On Saturday you can dance to the beat of Native American drums at Dance! Lenape Indian Traditions. Members of the Lenape Tribe from Oklahoma will be sharing their dance, dress, and culture with visitors. After your visit on the prairie, stop by the Apple Store for a caramel apple or some local apples to take home. Don't forget to follow Conner Prairie on Facebook too, they post coupons for the Apple Store!
8. Tomorrow is First Friday in downtown Noblesville! Head to the square for some fall fun like pumpkin decorating, hayrides, tours of a local cemetery and more. While you're there stop in to some of the shops on the square, including the Old Picket Fence who will be hosting a First Friday Sale.
Don't forget to share photos of all of the fall fun you're having for a chance to win prizes! Check out the details of our Instagram contest here.