1. Nickel Plate Arts in Noblesville is gearing up for a great fall! Visit the newest exhibit that opens this Friday called Art that Inspires. You'll find great pieces by the resident Nickel Plate artists. To see even more art, attend the Umbrella Sale this Saturday to see & buy local art. Also mark your calendars for the upcoming Nickel Plate Arts Block Party: 2013 Fall Fun-Raiser on September 20 and the new story-telling program series, Jabberwocky Fishers that begins on September 19.
2. Ready for a taste of fall already? Don't miss the new fall flavors showing up at local farmers markets throughout Hamilton County. Also don't forget to stop by the Apple Store at Conner Prairie. It's only open until October 31, so don't miss out on all of the apple-y and local goodies.
3. The Center for the Performing Arts already has a great list of music and shows lined up for its new season, plus the Indiana Governor's Arts Awards will be hosted at the Palladium this month! Check out what's going on there by looking at the Center's schedule. And if you've ever wondered what it's like backstage and how they prepare the Palladium for a concert, wonder no more! Here's a video that shows all of the things that go into putting on a great show.
4. It may be a little north of Hamilton County, but we can't resist sharing this annual festival with you- the Tipton County Pork Festival! Starting today and lasting through Saturday, the city of Tipton will be transformed to accommodate thousands of pork lovers. See live music, ride a zipline, and pig out. You can also ride the Tipton Pork Train to the festival, or take a caboose ride during the fest.
5. For a unique date night, head to the 5th Annual Harvest Wine Tasting at the Historic Ambassador House and Heritage Gardens located in Heritage Park in Fishers. At this event on Saturday you'll be able to taste fine wines, nibble on fancy hors d'oeuvres and enjoy live music. There will also be silent auctions to help raise funds for this great venue.
6. Get outside and enjoy the fine weather! Get up on Saturday morning for a hike in Cool Creek Park. A well-known birder will lead the hike and point out birds that are migrating for fall and winter. Or if you'd rather, you can check out some of the great bike trails in Hamilton County.
7. Soak up the last of summer at the Summer Sidewalk Sales & Trunk Shows at Carmel City Center this weekend. Several of the retailers will have special deals and trunk show merchandise available! Stop into divvy for a great lunch or satisfying mid-shopping snack.
8. Two words: Free. Concerts. Enjoy a free show each night of the weekend- Fridays After Dark concert on Friday, Fishers in the Country on Saturday, and Concerts in the Centerpiece begins on Sunday. That means lots of great tunes, all for free!