You know what they say, April showers bring... May fun in Hamilton County! As we prepare for May, take time this week to enjoy the rest of what April has to offer with these 8 Great ideas. For even more things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana, check our calendar of events page.
1. Support local businesses in new, exciting ways! Today Noblesville is hosting a cash mob which is similar to a Flash Mob, but instead of singing and dancing, Cash Mobbers join together and each spend $20 minimum at a local business. The "victim" store was announced this morning on the Noblesville Chamber website, Facebook and Twitter pages. This time is Heavenly Sweets is the target of the mob that begins at 4pm!
2. Unwind with some artfully crafted wine. Relax at the wine bar in the Chateau Thomas Winery Fishers location where there is live music every Friday and Saturday night. Or steal a seat under a bright purple umbrella on the patio at Shiraz Wine Experience and Art Café in the Carmel Arts and Design District. They have nifty wine dispenser machines that allow you to try samples or purchase your favorite wine by the glass!
3. Do you fancy a cup of tea? This Thursday the Carmel Arts Council is hosting an English Silver Tea to benefit their scholarship fund. Or if you'd prefer to enjoy tea on the go, stop in at Noble Coffee & Tea or TeaBuds Brewing Co.
4. Tickets are now on sale for the My Marsh Golf Classic! The tournament will take place in just over one month at The Hawthorns Golf & Country Club in Fishers. Daily, weekly and V.I.P. tickets are available for purchase at all 70 central Indiana Marsh Supermarket locations, The Hawthorns Golf & Country Club, and the Hamilton County Sports Authority.
5. Plan a date night with your other half! Catch one of the shows premiering this weekend at the Center for the Performing Arts like the Actors Theater's "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" or the Civic Theater's "Guys and Dolls".
6. Help celebrate Arbor Day by attending a tree-planting event. Fishers Parks is hosting a tree planting at Brooks School Park on Friday. Westfield Parks is also hosting one on Saturday at Freedom Trail Park where there will also be trees and shrubs for you to take home and plant in your own yard!
7. Have your kids always been curious about music? On Sunday, take them to Carmel Symphony Orchestra Presents: Family Fun! at the Palladium where they can enjoy symphony favorites and partake in the "instrument petting zoo." After the concert, treat the kids to a sweet treat from Simply Sweet Shoppe or a classic custard from The Old Custard Stand.
8. Get growing- May is garden month at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park! Learn about the plants and flowers that cover the grounds and even help plant a few. On May 5 and 6 the Herb Society of Central Indiana will conduct special presentations and on May 26 and 27, there will be wildflower walks across the prairie.