Summer may be winding down, but that doesn't mean that there's a shortage of fun things to do here in Hamilton County! Read on for some great ideas for filling your week and weekend plans- there's everything from rock concerts to farmers markets! As always, for a full list of events please browse our online calendar.
1. Explore the 2 of our 8 Great Towns that made CNN Money Magazine's list of Best Places to Live!
Carmel, Indiana was rated #1- take time to discover the Arts and Design District's variety of restaurants, dining, and art galleries. Also don't miss the Indiana Design Center that is filled with decorating ideas and the Center for the Performing Arts that lights up nearly nightly with acts from all over the world. Fishers is no stranger to making the Best Places to Live list and it's no surprise that they've done so again! When visiting don't miss their impressive parks, fun annual events and of course Conner Prairie Interactive History Park!
2. This Saturday Main Street in the Carmel Arts and Design District will be lined with shiny automobiles ranging from Model As to Lamborghinis in celebration of Artomobilia. Head to the district from noon- 6 p.m. to experience the art, food, and of course the cars that will be on display!
3. This week is filled with opportunities to see live entertainment in Hamilton County! Snag tickets for tonight's Gipsy Kings concert at the Palladium before they're gone, or grab tickets for a group performance of a much different variety- the Glee Cabaret with the Carmel Community Players. For a more scenic stage, bring some friends and a picnic to Conner Prairie for Symphony on the Prairie featuring Diamond Rio on Friday or Saturday night. If you'd rather rock out, head to Klipsch Music Center for the Rock of Ages Tour or Linkin Park & Incubus. Or you could always go retro! The B-52s will be at the Palladium this Sunday.
4. Have you never been to Hamilton County, Indiana before? Get a preview of what our beautiful county looks like by browsing some of our photo galleries. Find your favorites, then plan a trip around what you'd like to see!
5. The 2012 BMW Championship is almost upon us! Practice rounds begin Monday, September 3 and tournament play begins Thursday, September 6. Don't miss this chance to see famous golfers right here in Hamilton County!
6. It looks like the weather is promising another beautiful weekend here in Hamilton County! Get outside and enjoy the warm weather before the fall chill sneaks up on you. Whether you like canoeing, biking, or strolling in a park you're sure to find a beautiful outdoor setting to enjoy in Hamilton County. Also, don't forget that pools will be closing soon- get out there and splash around!
7. If you're tightening your budget for the school year, we've got just the thing for you. Our special offers page has tons of great deals that are redeemable at various locations across the county. You can save on everything from museum entry to cupcakes to even your overnight stay!
8. As we learned in our last blog post, despite the dry weather our Hamilton County famers markets are thriving! Don't miss out on the beautiful and delicious produce available at the Carmel, Cicero, Fishers, Noblesville and Westfield markets!