What an amazing and beautiful week we have ahead! Enjoying gorgeous weather, splashing in newly opened pools to beat the heat, and buying farm fresh produce are all great options for your week here in Hamilton County. With the race and Memorial Day this weekend as well, it's a great time for family bonding during a trip to Conner Prairie or an outdoor concert. For even more fun events, check our online calendar of events.
1. It's time for another Noblesville Cash Mob hosted by the Noblesville Chamber! A cash mob is a spin-off of the "Flash Mob" where a group of people converge on a location and do something in unison. In this case, a large crowd of consumers show up at a local business and spend a little money, usually $10-$20 each. This time the Cash Mob will gather today, May 24 at 11am - 1pm and 4-6pm to mob the victim: Mr. G's Liquors. The objective is to support the businesses that invest in the Noblesville community.
2. Enjoy art by locals at the Art in Town Hall: Art Visions of Fishers show opening. The local talents of Tomas Howie, Holly LaDue Ulrich and Paula Varriano will be on display at this free show that is supported by the Fishers Art Council and the town of Fishers. If you're still in the mood for art, check out the "Forms and Function" exhibit at the Birdie Gallery in Noblesville.
3. The pools are opening so you can beat the heat this weekend! The Forest Park Aquatic Center is already welcoming swimmers and splashers. This facility has an Olympic-size pool, a pool with a water slide, a diving pool and an activity pool for the kiddos. Another option is the Waterpark at the Monon Community Center which opens this Saturday and has Memorial Day hours of 11am-7pm. This waterpark is overflowing with features like slides and a lazy river, but the newest addition is the FlowRider. The FlowRider has been dubbed the first simulated surfing ride in the state and riders can either body board or attempt to do traditional standing style surfing. Either way, surf's up dudes!
4. Farmers Market season is HERE and in full swing! Many of our great towns have markets that feature great local products and fresh produce. The Carmel Farmers Market is weekly on Saturday from 8-11:30am. The Fishers Market is also on Saturdays and is from 8am-noon. The Westfield Farmers Market begins on June 1 and will be every Friday from 4:30-7:30pm. Also the Noblesville Market is occurring on Saturdays from 8am-12:30pm and the Cicero Farmers Market is starting up soon as well!
5. The Fishers Explorer Train is coming up on Saturday. This train trip to Fishers leaves riders a lot of time to enjoy the town, check out our earlier post for great ideas of what you can do while you're there! Also coming up this weekend are the Forest Park Caboose Rides. This shorter train ride is perfect for little ones who are interested in trains. The train will travel to the Noblesville square through Forest Park and then back to the Indiana Transportation Museum.
6. Plan to spend Memorial Day with family and a trip to Conner Prairie's Memorial Day Weekend festivities. Military personnel and their families receive free general admission to honor their commitment to our country. There will be opportunities to learn about how the Civil War impacted Indiana and see Conner Prairie's beautiful gardens in bloom. Another great way to honor Memorial Day is by attending Cicero's Memorial Day Parade that will feature tributes to the different branches of military, patriotic music, and more.
7. Summer concert season is heating up in Hamilton County! Some big names are hitting the stage this week including Stained, Eve 6 and more at the X103 May Day and also Michael Bolton will be performing on Wednesday at the Palladium. Smaller stages will also begin to light up with summer concert series like Thursday's Noblesville Concert Series featuring Big Daddy Caddy.
8. Clear all of your plans for next weekend, grab your family and friends, pile into the car and head to Hamilton County! Next weekend has two huge events that you don't want to miss! The My Marsh Classic has several events this upcoming week and will end with the 3-day tournament on June 1-3. For 8 Great Things you should know about the golf classic, check out our previous blog. Also coming up on June 1-3 is the Nickel Plate Arts Weekend. The weekend serves as a time when the communities along the old Nickel Plate rail line can come together and support the art activities happening in their communities. There will be interactive exhibits, the tapping of a new Nickel Plate Wheat beer by Barley Island Brewing Company, the Hamilton County Artists' Association Paint-Out and more!