Celebrate our Earth this week with Earth Day and Arbor Day festivities, get out and golf, and get psyched for outdoor concert season! Read on for those ideas and even more things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend. Also don't forget to check our online calendar in its entirety for tons more!
1. Celebrate Earth Week with Nickel Plate Arts! Enjoy earthy crafts, nature tours and other activities around Noblesville. But be sure not to miss the Fairyville Trail! Live music will guide you along a trail lined with "fairy houses" that artists have made with all natural materials. These are truly miniature works of art! The trail will be open all day Friday and Saturday and there is a preview event on Thursday, April 25 from 5-8pm.
2. For even more earthy activities, head to Noblesville for Earth Day Arborfest. Celebrate this combo if Earth Day and Arbor Day by getting a free tree seedling, participating in a tree hike, and much more! The fun kicks off on Friday from 1-4 p.m. on the courthouse square.
3. Do a good deed and have fun at the same time at Create for a Cure at Kiln Creations. Paint your own pottery, enter raffles with great Vera Bradley prizes and more. Best of all? Your $25 fee will be totally donated to the Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer and will go to help fund breast cancer research.
4. This weekend brings mild springy temperatures that are perfect for golf! From the challenging Purgatory Golf Club with punishing sand traps to the Scottish link style on the front nine of Bear Slide Golf Club, there is a course for everyone regardless of your handicap. Find your perfect course and golf getaway here.
5. Don't forget about Arbor Day! There are plenty of tree hugging events to attend in celebration. Head to Brooks School Park in Fishers for tree activities for kiddos, free saplings and more. Or go to Conner Prairie where you can observe how the professionals climb trees, see what trees grow in Indiana and explore the new Nature Walk. In Westfield's Quaker Park, there will also be free trees available and more. These events are sure to "tree-t" you to some new tree knowledge.
6. Speaking of trees... Civic Theater's latest production "Into the Woods" debuts this weekend. This tale incorporates favorite characters from popular fairytales and weaves them into a fun musical story. See wishes granted, curses bestowed and quests for breaking spells. It's a great time for the whole family!
7. Planning a wedding or event, or just curious about the Ambassador House in Fishers? Attend their open house this Sunday from 2-5pm to see the inside and gardens of the beautifully restored historic home. There will be refreshments, entertainment, and lots of information about the house!
8. Here's a fun you'll actually want to add to your "to-do" list: picking up tickets for a summer show at Klipsch Music Center! New shows are literally being announced each week and tickets are starting to go on sale. Announced this week was the Bob Dylan concert and the second appearance of Wiz Khalifa. Browse the month-by-month lineup on our Klipsch Music Center page and pick some of your own must-see shows!