Can it be? It's already the last weekend of February! There's plenty of fun to be had on this milder weekend here in Hamilton County. From beer tasting to seeing local talent shine, there's something for everyone. Read on for 8 great ideas and check our online calendar for even more ideas.
1. Kick off the weekend a bit early with a trip to Prime 47 this Thursday evening. They offer a selection of $5 martinis plus live entertainment. Can't make it on Thursday? Friday they offer select bottles of wine for ½ price- perfect for date night!
2. Enjoy a local theater production! Talented folks will be gracing the stage to perform "Steel Magnolias" with Civic Theatre at the Tarkington. Also this weekend, the Carmel Theatre Company's show "The Dining Room" opens.
3. Or broaden your theatrical and music horizons with a trip to see a national act. Frank Ferrante will be presenting "An Evening with Groucho" on Friday and Saturday that's fun for the whole family. Or see Lee Greenwood live at the Palladium this Friday.
4. Love to try new beers? Don't miss Fishers on Tap this Saturday! 8 Indiana breweries will be serving up samples of their various beers. Plus for those who prefer grapes to hops, Chateau Thomas Winery will be on hand dishing out samples too.
5. There's always something new to learn at Conner Prairie! This weekend there's a historic trade class called Keeping and Raising Chickens where you can learn all about this skill. The Prairie's Livestock Manager will teach class participants about new and old breeds of chickens and how to care for them.
6. Spring is trying its very best to show itself here in Hamilton County! Warmer temperatures may have you in the mood for summer produce, and the Winter Farmers Market is as close as you can get. Seasonal veggies, plus meat, eggs, baked goods and more are all available this Saturday morning at the Indiana Design Center.
7. See the stars of tomorrow perform this weekend at the Carmel Arts Council's Young Performers Showcase! Over 100 mini-musicians will take to the piano stage to perform (and some for the first time) and compete. The winner will take home a hefty scholarship prize.
8. Make your reservations for upcoming activities at Nickel Plate Arts so you can shake off the winter blues and learn a new skill or have some artful conversation. Monday Night Drawing Classes are offered through spring and are open to all skill levels. Or if you're better versed in the art of conversation, RSVP today for the next Stone Soup Supper that will be held on February 27. Not only will you get tasty soup, but also a chance to chat with several local artists.