1. Splash in for some summer fun! Forest Park Aquatic Center is a great stop for the entire family! Forest Park offers an Olympic size pool, diving boards, and a water slide. Children can jump in the splash pad and shallow pool. The park offers other amenities such as locker rooms, sun deck and snack bar.
2. Next week is the final Tenderloin Tuesday! However, you can always take advantage of the dozen restaurants that serve the delicious sandwich every day. Enjoy grilled or fried tenderloin with chips, overlooking Morse Reservoir at Wolfies Grill. If you are in downtown Noblesville shopping, grab a bite to eat at the Hamilton Restaurant for a fresh sandwich, and on Tuesdays you receive a free cookie with your purchase!
3. If you have an eye for art, the Hamilton County Artist Association is the place for you. "Celebrate The Colors" is the newest exhibit at the Birdie Gallery that puts on display vibrant masterpieces for the public to browse. Also in the gallery the artist, June Brehm Tabor, has a section of her work on display, "Like Father, Like Daughter" to remember her father's legacy.
4. Time to start planning for college and The Old Picket Fence is already ahead of the curve! The Old Picket Fence is having their Annual Back to School Sale this weekend. The store is a mix of vintage, antique and new furniture, perfect to furnish a college dorm room or house. You will find discounted bookcases, desks, chairs, rugs and other school accessories.
5. This weekend the summer concert series will end the week with a bang. Pack a picnic and listen to the Marsh Symphony on the Prairie: Glenn Miller Orchestra with the ISO. They will perform on Friday and Saturday so bring your lawn chair for a night on the prairie. Klipsch is also hosting a thrilling weekend with a line up of well-known artists. Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller will perform on Saturday then Big Time Rush will end the music madness on Sunday.
6. You don't have to travel to a farm to purchase fresh produce and homemade sweets, check out the Famers Market in your community. Fishers, Carmel, Cicero, Noblesville and Westfield all host their own farmers markets every week.
7. Momma Mia! If you want to escape to Italy for an upscale meal, just make reservations at Matteo's. Start off your meal with their homemade bread and select an entre from authentic Italian spreads. You can choose to dine outdoors, in an intimate setting on Noblesville Square.
8. There is a party in Carmel and you're invited! Detour Grille will be throwing a block party this Friday on 2nd Street. There will be bands playing from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m., so bring your friends for a fun evening of food, drinks and music!