Enjoy the summer while you can! Take advantage of all of the fun happening in Hamilton County this weekend. See a movie or live music under the stars, explore a new park, and much more. Read up on the ideas below and check out the online calendar for even more.
1. Kick off the weekend a little early and start celebrating today! Head to the Happy Hour Gelato Social at Carmel City Center. Enjoy live jazz music while eating tasty gelato on the plaza near Mangia! From 4:30-5:30 p.m. Next head to Forest Park in Noblesville for an evening of free music in the last Noblesville Summer Concert of the season.
2. Take the family to a free event this Friday. Enjoy music at Prairie View Golf Club's Groovin' on the Green. Or if you're more in to mood for a movie, catch the flick Brave at Asa Bales Park in Westfield.
3. This Friday will be a great one to visit Fishers! Stop by the opening celebration for their new pocket park that begins at 6 p.m. It's going to be a great place for the community and visitors alike. Later in the evening head to the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater for the Fridays After Dark Concert Series for food trucks, fun, and of course live music.
4. Spend some time in the Carmel Arts & Design District this Saturday. Pop in to the World's Smallest Children's Art Gallery to see local art during their open hours from 2-7 p.m. Then head up Main Street to see the Jazz on the Monon free concert. While you're around, stop in Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream for a larger than life burger or a scoop of your favorite ice cream- yum!
5. Noblesville will be bustling with activity Saturday morning and afternoon and it will be a great time to visit. Start the day with the Noblesville Farmers Market not far from downtown. Then head to the Historic Noblesville Square for some lunch at a local restaurant and some window-shopping at the local antique stores.
6. Know a theater buff? Treat them to a show this weekend! The Westfield Playhouse is presenting their youth production of Secret Garden that opens this Thursday. Anything Goes will also open this weekend. Civic Theater will present this nautical musical at The Tarkington.
7. Gear up for the very last Tenderloin Tuesday of the year coming up next Tuesday, July 30. In case you haven't yet heard, Tenderloin Tuesday is the day that local participating Hamilton County restaurants offer specials for their tenderloin sandwiches. Get the scoop on this tasty day by watching this new video that will leave you drooling.
8. Explore the great outdoors! Check out our Nature & Outdoors page for a list of parks and things to do outside. For something new, try hiking at Strawtown Koteewi Park or canoeing or kayaking with White River Canoe Company.