It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Hamilton County. Enjoy all that fall brings: festivals, treats, pumpkins and more! Read on for fall fun ideas and check our online calendar of events for even more Hamilton County happenings.
2. Escape from the political ads on TV and enjoy a play about fictional politics instead! The Belfry Theater's production of "State of the Union" begins this Friday. If you'd rather avoid political discussions altogether, try another production showing this weekend like "Gypsy" or "Breaking Up is Hard To Do".
3. Don't miss Westfield's wacky answer to the Indy 500 this weekend- the Grand Junction Funktion! Crazy homemade derby cars will compete in a bracketed competition until a winner races to the finish line. There will also be food and drink vendors and live music.
4. It's about time to round up the family and head out in search of the perfect pumpkin. Make your search fun and memorable by going to the Pumpkin Harvest Festival at Stonycreek Farm. They not only have pretty pumpkins, but hayrides and other fun activities including a zip-line!
5. Is fall getting you into that crafty spirit? A Corner Cottage is offering a fun line-up of craft classes this fall that can be your creative outlet! Sign up for your favorites today before the classes fill up.
6. Spruce up your wardrobe and home for the fall season! Head to one of the boutiques or shops in the Carmel Arts & Design District or on the historic square in Noblesville for that perfect fall accessory. Or stop by the Carmel Old Town Antique Mall for their mall-wide sales during the month of October to find that perfect fall touch for your home.
7. This Saturday is Museum Day Live! at Conner Prairie which means FREE ADMISSION! To get free admission, simply print the ticket from the Smithsonian website that can be used for 2 free admissions and present it upon your arrival at Conner Prairie. While visiting, don't forget to check out the Apple Store for tasty fall treats!
8. Get out and enjoy the crispy fall weather this weekend. Rent a bike from Carmel Cyclery and ride down the Monon Trail or rent a canoe and paddle down the White River. Either way you'll get great views of the changing leaves in beautiful Hamilton County!