Festivals abound this weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana. Cheers with a local brew, see international art, pick a pumpkin or enjoy live music... or do it all! Read on for 8 great ideas and check our online calendar of events for even more getaway ideas.
1. Travel around the world in just a few blocks at the Carmel International Arts Festival in the Carmel Arts & Design District this weekend! See juried artists exhibiting art of all kinds. Plus enjoy international music performances and excite your taste buds with ethnic food.
2. The northern Hamilton County town of Atlanta will welcome thousands of visitors for their annual New Earth Festival this weekend! Be one of them and discover hundreds of vendors with arts, crafts, antiques, and food, plus take a spin on a caboose ride. Be sure to stop by and say hi to our mobile tourism vehicle Pinny on Saturday!
3. The last show of the season is coming to Klipsch Music Center this Saturday. See Dierks Bentley live along with Chris Young, Jon Pardi, and Chase Rice for the Riser Tour. Limited tickets are still available!
4. Prost! Cheers to another year for the Fishers Oktoberfest at Saxony this Saturday from Noon- 10 p.m. Enjoy a beer garden, live music, activities for the kiddos, plus German food.
5. Noblesville Brewfest from 3-7 p.m. this Saturday is giving beer lovers a chance to sample lots of beers for a great cause. Over 15 breweries will be on hand with samples of their best fall brews plus there will be live music and activities. Best of all? The proceeds benefit the Forest Park Aquatic Center.
6. Take part in the archaeology month celebrations and Twilight Trail Run & Walk this weekend at Strawtown Koteewi Park. There will be hands-on activities and demonstrations about the life-ways of Indiana's Native peoples that inhabited the area. For outdoor rec lovers, the Twilight Trail is a fun way to explore the park at a beautiful time of day. You can even register the day-of to participate.
7. Fall = pumpkins! Go pick your perfect pumpkin at the Russell Farms Pumpkin Patch Country Fall Festival OR Stonycreek Farm Pumpkin Harvest Festival. It's the opening weekend for both! Fall wouldn't be complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch.
8. Visit Conner Prairie... for FREE. Yes, free! Museum Day Live! at Conner Prairie is this Saturday. Download a ticket from the Smithsonian website here and present it at Conner Prairie for free admission to see their spectacular historic areas.