This weekend is so filled with things to do, that we seriously couldn't fit them all on this list! Please see our events calendar for even more fun things to do in Hamilton County, Indiana this weekend. Read on to discover many great annual festivals, fun new entertainment and more.
1. The 2013 Indiana Governor's Arts Awards are TONIGHT! Limited tickets are still available for the ceremony at The Center for the Performing Arts. Influential people associated with arts in Indiana will be honored at the event that starts at 7pm. After the event, head to Finale Event at Carmel City Center. There attendees and the public can taste special Savor the Arts dishes themed around the honorees- yum!
2. Treat your ears to some jazz and blues tunes at the Nickel Plate Jazz & Blues Festival this Friday night. This free event will feature several performers, food trucks, plus wine from Chateau Thomas Winery. Music starts at 7!
3. Celebrate arts from all over the world at the annual Carmel International Arts Festival this weekend! The Arts & Design District streets will be closed to house all types of artists. Plus you can enjoy live entertainment on 2 stages, international food selections, and the new Chalk Walk. Best of all? It's free to get in!
4. Another free annual festival is this weekend as well- the 2013 Atlanta New Earth Festival. The small town of Atlanta will swell in size to welcome visitors from all around! Over 600 vendors will be selling everything from fine arts to food to antiques. For an extra special festival experience, ride the Indiana Transportation Museum New Earth Festival Train so you don't have to worry about parking.
5. Get down and dirty at Digging Through the Past, a celebration of archaeology at Strawtown Koteewi Park. Along with park tours and artifact identification, guests will be able to enjoy engaging performances by Native American musicians, wagon rides, arts and crafts, and more. The event is free and also a great way to check out the new projects coming a long at the park!
6. Partake in the tradition of Oktoberfest! No you don't have to go all the way to Germany, just head to the Fishers Oktoberfest at Saxony this Saturday. Enjoy German food and beer, activities for kiddos, and live music too. Admission is free, but it's recommend to bring some canned goods for their food drive.
7. This Saturday, the annual Stonycreek Farm Pumpkin Harvest Festival begins! Don't miss this month-long celebration of all things pumpkin and fall. Pick pumpkins, take a hayride, ride the zip line, munch on fall snacks and much more. Stonycreek Farm is open everyday September 28- October 31 to accommodate visitors.
8. Have you been wanting to go to Conner Prairie? This Saturday is your chance to visit for FREE. During Museum Day Live, Smithsonian affiliate museums like Conner Prairie offer free general admission! Visitors can explore Conner Prairie's indoor and outdoor historical and scientific areas and participate in fun activities too.
While you're out and about having fun this weekend, don't forget to snap photos and share them on Instagram with the hashtags #HCfallFun and #VisitHC for a chance to win prizes! More details here.