Talk about a heat wave- the events in mid-July are heating up! Now that the festivities of July 4th have come to an end doesn't mean that Hamilton County is slowing down. This weekend is jammed packed with outdoor activities, music, and special events.
1. Noblesville Main Street Annual Street Dance is the biggest event in Noblesville and will be taking place this Saturday from 5-11p.m.! The downtown square is blocked off so you can browse the food vendors, purchase delicious treats and listen to live entertainment. You can set up your lawn chairs right on the courthouse lawn to watch this year's musical performance, the Lemon Wheel band. Also classic cars will line the square, children can play at the Kids Zone and there will be an ice-cream eating contest. The Street Dance is an evening long event that you don't want to miss!
2. As the NBA playoffs concluded in June, some basketball fans have the blues. But Hamilton County visitors and residents do not have to venture far to watch all-stars dribble up and down the court. You can sit front and center to watch multiple games of basketball at the Adidas Invitational this weekend at various locations in Indianapolis and Hamilton County.
3. Enjoy the sounds of summer with a concert every day this weekend! Grab your cooler and a comfy blanket to listen to Living Proof at Forest Park in Noblesville. On Friday, head over to Conner Prairie for Marsh Symphony on the Prairie: The ISO Goes Global or enjoy The Late Show at Cool Creek for live entertainment. End your weekend on a loud note by attending the Mayhem Festival at Klipsch Music Center on Sunday July 15th. The Mayhem Festival will be hosting Slipknot, Slayer, Motorhead and more.
4. Don't pay ten dollars to go a movie in a stuffy room, instead enjoy a free film in the park! Carmel invites you to pack a family picnic and lawn chairs to watch a movie in the West Park. Puss in Boots will start Friday at dusk for the entire family to enjoy!
5. All Aboard! Hop on board the French Flea Market Train this Saturday. The scenic ride will take you from Forest Park to Tipton to drop you off at a day of fun! Browse the vintage dealers, colorful arts and fresh food at the French Flea Market. For a shorter adventure, ride the Street Dance Caboose to the downtown square on Saturday evening.
6. For an elegant event, grab your English hat and white gloves it is time for tea. The Mid Summer Tea will provide a five-course tea for you and your friends! The semi-causal meal will be held at the R.L. Wilson House. Don't forget to put your pinky up!
7. Be careful because on the unlucky Friday the 13th you can join Westfield Ghost Walk to encounter the most haunting legends and ghost stories! To listen to the folk tales and explore the ghosts of the Underground Railroad make reservations and arrive at 8:30pm.
8. Enjoy outdoor bluegrass talents by the fiddles and the sound of pioneer America by attending the Sheridan Blue Grass Fever on Friday and Saturday. Bring your lawn chairs and relax on the hillside lawn by the Boxley Cabin.