From flowers to activities to local dining spots, Hamilton County offers everything you need for the perfect date with your special someone this week! Keep these 8 Great Things in mind when planning your little getaway to Hamilton County, Indiana. For even more ideas, visit our events calendar!
1. Take your special someone to one of the several productions that debut this weekend: Titanic: The Musical will be presented at The Belfry Theater. The Actors Theater of Indiana will kick off their production of international hit, Godspell. Lend Me a Tenor will be brought to the Booth Tarkington stage by Civic Theater. If you're looking for something a little bit different, Zombie Prom, a rock and roll sci-fi musical comedy, will be taking over the stage at Carmel High School.
2. If you're looking for a romantic dining spot, Hamilton County has an array of local restaurants that will do the trick. Grab your sweetie and head to Keltie's, an elegant setting and the 2011 OpenTable Top 100 Diner's Choice Winner or choose classic Italian at Matteo's on the quaint historic square in Noblesville. If you'd rather go out for a night on the town with your friends, grab a seat at the bar at Detour for the live concert Saturday night featuring The Connect.
3. Place an order for your Valentine's Day chocolates from Uncle Henry's Candies, but sharing the delicious caramel turtles will be difficult!
4. For even more sweetness plan to celebrate at the Valentine's Day Tea at the Simply Sweet Shoppe. While sipping on tea and munching on treats you can view the historic Valentines that will be on display from the Carmel Clay Historical Society's collection!
5. Tired of searching for the love of your life? Search for clues instead during the Searching for Romance in the District Valentine Scavenger Hunt! Upon completing the hunt, you will be entered to win a gift basket of goodies from local Arts & Design District businesses.
8. While love is on your mind, why not get a jump-start on your wedding planning? Our wedding page has a great coupons and a list of venues throughout the county ranging from outdoor spaces like Coxhall Gardens to places large enough for a crowd like the Fishers Banquet Center.