From miniature scenes to classical concerts, this weekend is packed with things to do throughout Hamilton County! Read on for ideas to make your weekend a great one and for even more ideas, be sure to check our online calendar regularly for updates!
1. Start the weekend off right and little early with $5 Martini Night at Mo's- A Place for Steaks! Mo's offers a selection of $5 martinis each Thursday evening in the bar and cocktail lounge. It's the perfect for date night or for a group of friends.
2. Love Sherlock Holmes? Don't miss the newest feature exhibit at the Museum of Miniature Houses & Other Collections! It includes to highly detailed scenes from Sherlock's home created by famed miniaturist LaVerne Sullivan. Also on display until mid-month are 3-D Valentine cards that range from funny to sweet.
3. Make your way to Arcadia this Saturday for their 2nd Saturday Wine & Music Event! The Hedgehog Music Showcase will be swinging with the music of Dr. Michael Davis and the Pithy Oddfellows. As you listen to jazz and swing tunes, taste select wines from Arcadia Wine & Spirits.
4. February marks the celebration of Black History Month. Learn about and celebrate it at Conner Prairie! Learn about history-making African Americans and hear stories about Hamilton County's involvement in the Underground Railroad. Also pay tribute to famous African Americans while discovering your inner artist at the Craft Corner.
5. Don't miss a very special Valentine's Day edition of the 2nd Saturday Gallery Walk in the Carmel Arts & Design District! Enjoy a free rose, free carriage rides from 6-9pm, and of course great art. There will also be a fun scavenger hunt beginning at ArtSplash Gallery that will be fun for Valentines both young and old. If you complete the hunt, you'll be entered to win a gift basket!
6. Craving a summer farmers market? The Winter Market at the Carmel City Center is the closest thing! While it may not have all of the fresh produce, it does have an array of tasty local items. From pastries to quality meats, you're sure to find a winter-time treat to brighten your day.
7. Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Surprise your Valentine with a date and maybe even a little gift. For plenty of date ideas right here in Hamilton County, explore our previous date idea post. For unique gift ideas that can be found only here in Hamilton County, refer to our gift idea post for ideas ranging from a classic bouquet to country concert tickets. If your Valentine deserves even more than just a day, why not extend your stay in Hamilton County to a weekend getaway?