Enjoy the great indoors or beautiful outdoors this weekend in Hamilton County! Head inside for exciting theater and music performances, shopping and more, or explore the outdoors during the projected mild weather. Either way, this weekend is sure to be a good one! For even more ideas for things to do this weekend or any time, browse our online calendar of events.
1. The Palladium season is heating up! Escape to a world of music by attending one of the performances this weekend. Martina McBride will take to the stage today, see Melissa Etheridge on Friday. Or enjoy patriotic salutes to Veteran's Day with the Carmel Symphony Orchestra and the Wright Brothers on Saturday and the Indiana Wind Symphony on Sunday.
2. If theater is more your style, there are plenty of performances to enjoy this weekend as well! Snag tickets for Route 66 presented by the Actors Theater of Indiana or Civic Theater's production of The Woman in Black. Or go to Clay Terrace for dinner then a show- the Enchanted Cabaret at the Carmel Community Playhouse.
4. Get in to the spirit by attending a holiday shopping kick-off event! Go to Hamilton Town Center for their Holiday Festival to enjoy everything from tasty treats to Santa's arrival. Or go to a local boutique's holiday open house. Gallery 116 is holding their open house today and Rita's is holding Christmas open houses today and on Sunday.
5. If you haven't made your reservations to attend Follow the North Star- do so! This powerful program at Conner Prairie is always popular and spots are filling up fast. Don't miss this opportunity to partake in this interactive and emotional program. For more information about what Follow the North Star is like, read our past post about it.
6. Get outside this weekend and enjoy the mild weather! Take part in the Forest Park Step ‘n Stride on Saturday or explore Forest Park's many features on your own. Browse our nature and outdoors page for even more ideas from biking the Monon to hiking at Strawtown Koteewi Park.
8. Is your skin getting that winter dryness already? Head to Bath Junkie and make your own nourishing bath products! You get to make your own by picking the product, color and scent of your custom creation. A trip to Bath Junkie is the perfect afternoon treat to pamper yourself or a fun stop during a shopping trip with friends!