The temperatures are taking a turn to the chilly side, which means fall is truly here in Hamilton County! Fall favorites like Stonycreek Farm's Pumpkin Harvest Festival continue this weekend, and more fall favorites begin like Conner Prairie's Headless Horseman. Read on for even more family fun ideas for your weekend here in Hamilton County and check our online calendar for even more ideas.
1. "On mounting a rising ground, which brought the figure of his fellow-traveller in relief against the sky, gigantic in height, and muffled in a cloak, Ichabod was horror-struck on perceiving that he was headless!" The Headless Horseman rides again at Conner Prairie each weekend in October beginning this Friday. This year, each weekend will have new activities to participate in before and after the haunted hayride too!
2. Due to the unpredictable fall weather, the Noblesville First Friday Fall Festival activities have moved instead to this Friday. Enjoy activities like hayrides, cemetery tours and more! The Nickel Plate Arts campus will also be open to the public for tours, so stop by to see the latest exhibit.
3. Support a worthy cause and get pampered at the same time! Adara Day Spa is hosting their Pink Spa Event this weekend that will benefit Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. So set up a little girlfriend getaway and enjoy pink-themed spa services like rose oil massages and raspberry facials with a group of gal pals.
4. Head to the Carmel Apple Fest this Saturday in the Carmel Arts & Design District to enjoy several "apple" related activities. Decorate apples, take photos in festive "face in hole" boards and shop at the booths. After 5 p.m. the fun continues in the district with their Second Saturday Gallery Walk where you can explore the many shops and galleries.
5. Don't miss the grand opening event for the new Fishers Amphitheater this Saturday! The grand opening celebration will last from 4-10:30 p.m. where there will be multiple kids activities, food trucks and vendors, and information about the new Nickel Plate District. The brand new stage will light up for the first time beginning at 6 p.m. with performances by Jason Aaron Coons and Forever- The Tribute (a Beatles tribute band).
6. Don't feel prepared for Halloween? Hamilton County has several solutions for you! Hop on the Pumpkin Train or go to the Stony Creek Pumpkin Harvest Festival to pick the perfect pumpkins. Next go to the Hamilton County Park's Re-boo, Re-wear, Re-scare costume swap to secure a spooky costume.
7. We have many great options for our friends who need to eat gluten free! This weekend the Gluten Free Living Now expo is being held in Carmel. There you will find vendors with gluten free foods, lectures, and cooking demonstrations. In the area there are also several restaurants that offer gluten free menus to enjoy including: Divvy, Cheese Burger in Paradise, Woody's Library Restaurant and more!
8. Do you love crowns, world peace and talent competitions? Then don't miss the Miss Indiana USA and Miss Indiana Teen USA pageants this weekend! These exciting pageants feature the best and brightest young ladies from the state of Indiana who are competing to move on to the national level. The events will be held at the Renaissance Hotel and tickets will be available at the door.